Iconoclast: News/Info Thread

The song is called Dehumanized.so far unless you went to the show, or are in the band (or on the inside). There is no way to hear it. I'm sure it will work its way onto the internet eventually

Thanks Chriscc, i'll check that out and get it fixed :)
Well I took a look at it, and neither are working for me now. So perhaps its been taken down... I'll look around. That's alright, the Metal Messiah Radio one is by far the better one!

Now my twins are 4 and love headbanging in their car seats listening to "Daddy Music" (e.g. Rediscovery pt. II) on the way home from the preschool. Is that wrong?

Not at all. It's never to early to introduce your kids to great music! Keep them off the hip hop/rap.
My son was 8 when I took him to his first show last year. V happens to be my favorite CD to this day.
Rediscovery is a brilliant track. Your kids are fortunate. :cool:

Wow! End of Innocence is a killer song! I love the prominent keyboards and Russel singing nice and clear and hitting those epic high notes. The softer bridge part is an awsome little transition right before the guitar solo kicks your ass. I hope the studio version is mixed similar as far as keyboard loudness and Russel sings it the same way.

The new song musically is awesome. The vocals are great too, but I'm not liking the lyrics at all. "Don't look away, hear what I say. lol Maybe it will grow on me.

proulxski thanks for the updates. You should open up a site/free blog or something, unofficial sym x updates.

IMG_3782_resize.jpg

Anyone know what he uses that little keyboard on the side for? I never noticed it before...
That is a midi controller keyboard most likely, and my guess is that it's controlling a rack synth since there is no laptop visible. No idea what the main keyboard is, but he for sure has some new gear since there's a Roland V-Synth GT visible in that Lepond picture! We'll hear something totally new on the album.
:OMG:

OMFG! EoI is absolutely fantastic! It's amazing to hear singing Russell Allen. He is by far the best singer out there technically.

Inconoclast is gonna be a masterpice. I like all SX albums, Paradise Lost was for me astonishing. These guys can just make good music.

They played a third new song yesterday ! End of Innocence was replaced by a song called Frantic . In my opinion the best new song so far !!!!!!!

I'm positively surprised by End of Innocence. I lost some faith after the comparisons with Paradise Lost, but my faith has been restored!

They played a third new song yesterday ! End of Innocence was replaced by a song called Frantic . In my opinion the best new song so far !!!!!!!

I checked setlist.fm and they listed it as Heretic.
But I don't really care about the title until the song kicks ass :)

If that indeed is the artwork for the album, it sure reminds me of Tool's 10,000 Days...

It's official artwork. Whether or not its the front page artwork. Time will tell, but I think its pretty safe to assume...

Thanks guys, I just figured with updates/news being so rare in these trying times. And the fact that, in another thread instead of discussing something new, we where going around in circles with complaints, arguments, and trying to figure out who to blame. I figured id do something constructive with my time :)

Also, the song as far as I know is 'End of Innocence' I mean its in the chorus. And Allen clearly says before the song, "this is a new song from our upcoming album called, End of Innocence...". Though nothing is set in stone I suppose untill the album is released!

NOTE: I'm looking forward to this "Big Nuclear Blast Announcement" this week. Fingers crossed its about symphony x :)

I sure hope it's not called "Frantic". It reminds me of that shit metallica song.

Same here :) But, as Adam said, "Heretic" makes more sense...

"End Of Innocence" - awesome song! Great mix of sound from "V" and "Paradise Lost"! Romeo does amazing solo also! 9.95/10 points from me! (0.05 goes to lack of keyboard solo, :cool: )

Great song! I'm not in love with the solo though, to be honest. Romeo's solos usually have this amazing phrasing and groove to them and this one just kind of seems noodle-y to me...but I might change my mind when I hear it on the record. Rus sounds incredible, but that of course comes as no surprise. Can't wait to hear more of the new stuff, looks like it just might be worth the wait!

Anyone know exactly what bass Mike LePond is using now? I'm pretty sure it's a Peavey by the looks of it but I'm not sure which one it is.

i think he plays a "peavey zodiac de scorpio" but can't see it on the peavey site. maybe it's a discontinued bass..

btw, wasn't LePond endorsed by caparison?? someone has more info??

good music to all!:)

As far as I know, he was endorsed by Caparison, although he still doesn't have his own signature model because, as he jokingly said, he's "not that cool just yet" but he'll be getting one probably next year (the interview was in 2008). Not sure why he's playing a Peavey now, but it seems pretty nice. :)

Many new subscribers as of late btw. :wave: