Iconoclast: News/Info Thread

Alexi Laiho is just shouting with no technique imo, Russell's grit comes from resonance. CoB has been bad for years now anyways, haven't even bothered to give the new album a listen yet.

haven't even bothered to give the new album a listen yet.

and rightly so.

COB kicked ass back in the old days. They now suck and it looks like this will probably never change. Their new album's childish name/cover says it all. :lol:

Children-of-Bodom-Relentless-Reckless-Forever-2011.jpg

I really don't understand this concept of releases.

these are all new songs right?

So why would someone buy the regular edition which is missing five new songs?

Or is it like, there is the album, and then there are songs not good enough for the album..so here they are on a seperate CD.

I really don't understand this concept of releases.

these are all new songs right?

So why would someone buy the regular edition which is missing five new songs?

Or is it like, there is the album, and then there are songs not good enough for the album..so here they are on a seperate CD.

I'm guessing that the last 3 songs on the special edition are simply bonus tracks, just as Masquerade was included as a bonus track on The Odyssey. Either way, you won't find me complaining about more songs from the band.

the cover for the regular edition is way cooler than the one for the limited edition.

Agreed. Both are pretty good though.

Hopefully there's some information about the other 3 tracks and why they wanted to release them on special edition only (other than just to make more money).

It's not that "dumb" considering that most fans will be getting the 2CD edition at x3 the price for the extra 3 songs. :lol:

sorry, three songs.

still seems really dumb.

pay 20 bucks more for three tracks that apparently weren't good enough to make the album.

Are you insane? The regular version is on preorder from nuclear blast now for 15 euros, and the special edition is 19 euros (extra songs, digipak, etc). That's a difference of less than 6 dollars. It'll probably be an even smaller difference in the US. Where the hell are you getting 20 bucks from?

And if you don't wanna pay an extra six bucks for the special edition, then don't. It's that simple. Whining about it on a forum doesn't do anything.

Where are you guys getting these prices? Nuclear Blast's website shows a 4 euro price difference between the 2 editions, which comes out to $5.50 US.

Are you insane? The regular version is on preorder from nuclear blast now for 15 euros, and the special edition is 19 euros (extra songs, digipak, etc). That's a difference of less than 6 dollars. It'll probably be an even smaller difference in the US. Where the hell are you getting 20 bucks from?

And if you don't wanna pay an extra six bucks for the special edition, then don't. It's that simple. Whining about it on a forum doesn't do anything.

I don't know anything about the prices, I got it from this blabbermouth comment

Supposedly, the market price of this special 2-cd import is $35 USD. The domestic will likely be $12-15, so they are charging almost triple the price for 3 f***ing extra songs. So wrong on so many levels."

Yeah, I think I'd take what it says on the record label's website over some idiot's comment on Blabbermouth, which is notorious for people posting BS.

Coolest Symphony X cover ever.

And yeah i gave the new CoB a listen. Worse than Blooddrunk and Dead Yet. Only one song worth hearing more than once and the eddie murphy cover is ok. Everything else sucks.

Also, hasnt anyone learned from frontiers? These bonus tracks may be bonus tracks not because they werent good enough, but because they dont follow the robot theme.

That's true I'm not thinking they're necessarily not as good (Frontiers is probably my third favourite from Odyssey), just hoping to hear some mention of what they're like and why they did it just that way.

They obiously really think When All Is Lost is an epic closer since they moved the tracks out of order on the special edition just so it could be the last track on the CD.

I still find it weird that they took 2 of the tracks off the normal cd to put on the 2nd cd, instead of just having the normal tracklist on the first cd and the 3 bonus tracks on the 2nd cd.