In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Well, maybe Jesper was a bitch about it, you know. Obviously if you don't dig the direction where your band is going, you summon them and tell them straight: you will either listen to me and dial back to what I envisioned or I'm taking my leave right now.

Still my point. Just leave the alcoholic version and save the rest of the shit, it's not necessary. Just like he did, he never had bad words for his ex comrades and always defends the band when someone tryes to put bad blood between them.

And. End of discussion.

Not sure if I'm following you. Resume, like continue, I suppose. What did I not continue?
Or is it supposed to mean I stuck?

No man, resume like: try to say with the lesser words as posible. If you do posts this long, or try to express an idea with more words than necessary, most people will be tired and won't read the text (I praise Plain Vanilla and Krofius for having that patience).

Edit. Excuse me, stupid of me, I was thinking in Spanish, since I was having an alt conversatiotn with a friend, and misquoted words. I wanted to say summarize (facepalm) :hotjump:

I guess you forgot that In Flames is a band. Jesper wasn't satisfied anymore with In Flames. Maybe because he didn't like what it had become as a band (i.e. including himself).

Also, you seem to forget one thing. These guys have changed, and their tastes have too. Maybe he don't even like anything he did with In Flames anymore (who knows?)

You always paint Jesper as the good guy or some kind of "old In Flames protector", the only genuine figure of these good old times but fuck it. Listen to what he does now, it's not even close to the golden age of In Flames. You all seem to have a very idealistic vision of this guy.

You might know. Music always was Jesper and Bjorn, Lyrics and titles Anders.

I knew that, but you made it sound like Jesper took over for CC and ASOP, so Anders got mad and ruined ASOP.

No man, resume like: try to say with the lesser words as posible. If you do posts this long, or try to express an idea with more words than necessary, most people will be tired and won't read the text (I praise Plain Vanilla and Krofius for having that patience).

Edit. Excuse me, stupid of me, I was thinking in Spanish, since I was having an alt conversatiotn with a friend, and misquoted words. I wanted to say summarize (facepalm) :hotjump:
I see now. Well, I always over-explain things, because... i dunno, I love to explain things. It's still better than being the "no, you're wrong"-guy, right?
At the end of such posts I'm fucking tired of myself as well, haha. :lol: But hey, if someone cares, they read either way, and if not, they would not give a rat's ass about my 4-sentence version either.

Look at Da4life:
1. asop sucks
2. anders sucks
3. bottled sucks
Rinse and repeat. Though he keeps it short, so there's that.

I guess you forgot that In Flames is a band. Jesper wasn't satisfied anymore with In Flames. Maybe because he didn't like what it had become as a band (i.e. including himself).

Also, you seem to forget one thing. These guys have changed, and their tastes have too. Maybe he don't even like anything he did with In Flames anymore (who knows?)

You always paint Jesper as the good guy or some kind of "old In Flames protector", the only genuine figure of these good old times but fuck it. Listen to what he does now, it's not even close to the golden age of In Flames. You all seem to have a very idealistic vision of this guy.

No, you're mistaken. I'm just saying that everything apart from the alcohol version wasn't necessary from them. From my point of view, Jesper treated them with more respect than they did with him.

We've got a recent example, since Slipknot recently parted ways with Joey Jordison, and, everytime someone asks Corey Taylor about the decision, he's like "different opinions, I won't talk about that". That's the way things should be, and I think they showed little respect to Jesper than he did to them.

I knew that, but you made it sound like Jesper took over for CC and ASOP, so Anders got mad and ruined ASOP.

I'm not saying that Anders ruined ASOP, I'm saying that looks like he didn't want to do that kind of album. And, if I remember well someone said many posts before that Jesper was the one behind the main riffs.

And still, read lyrics from SAI and think about what Anders did in that album. I might be wrong, I'm probably wrong, but, if I think about it, there's a posibility that I'm right and the words describe his feelings about the music they were doing in that time.

I see now. Well, I always over-explain things, because... i dunno, I love to explain things. It's still better than being the "no, you're wrong"-guy, right?
At the end of such posts I'm fucking tired of myself as well, haha. :lol: But hey, if someone cares, they read either way, and if not, they would not give a rat's ass about my 4-sentence version either.

Look at Da4life:
1. asop sucks
2. anders sucks
3. bottled sucks
Rinse and repeat. Though he keeps it short, so there's that.

You don't need to put you on extremes. I'm giving advice, think about it, read about it, if you like it good, if you don't like it good. It's your own choice the way you express yourself.

What a retarded thread this has become, especially the last few days. Back and forth retardness. And you know it's true when even I can't be arsed to fucking post here. Thanks for the Soilwork EP link though.
By the way, a good audio/video performance of Take This Life, don't know if Anders is sick or if he's using a new sort of vocal approach, it's like a semi scream/clean but not ASOP-like at all, you can hear it especially on the first verse and second. Also it's the last song of the show but still. He's doing all the regular death growls though and the long outro scream he started doing the last couple years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EBaQE7U07E

You call that a killer track, and the album one of the best ever recorded? It was tremendously boring and gay. Boring power metal voice, mid-tempo repeatedness. Thresholds first 4 album are the only ''decent'' ones. They're like a bad copy of an already bad band in Dream Theater. If I'd want to listen to Progressive Metal I'd listen to something good, like Nevermore.

1. Threshold is top notch songwriting. I would love to know where the 'repeatedness' is (the word is repetitiveness/repetition) . Each song is constructed perfectly with varying structures, bridges, samples and riffs. No dispute about the songwriting, not at all..March of Progress was easily 2012's best album. Not a weak song on it. Pretty much every respectable journalist agrees with that statement, too.And the album sound 'gay'? What, are you 10 years old? Anders should be taking notes on what Wilson can do with his voice and how he does it. I agree that Threshold's early material is obviously good, especially Dead Reckoning and Subsurface but their newer material with Wilson is actually better. More dynamic.

2. Nevermore is my favorite band of all time and they're not a "Progressive Metal' band. They were always more of a straight up modern metal band with elements of certain other genres (power metal vocals at times, even death metal riffing at others). I'd put March of Progress up against Nevermore's discography even though it would fall short simply because as brilliant as the album is, it's not aggressive enough to satisfy me ultimately. But song for song it's up there for sure.

I know you think I'm a mean bully so naturally if I recommend something you're automatically going to associate it with me and not like it. It's normal. But try to remove me from the record and give it another listen all the way through (MOP I'm talking about). It's truly a remarkable work of art.

1. Threshold is top notch songwriting. I would love to know where the 'repeatedness' is (the word is repetitiveness/repetition) . Each song is constructed perfectly with varying structures, bridges, samples and riffs. No dispute about the songwriting, not at all..March of Progress was easily 2012's best album. Not a weak song on it. Pretty much every respectable journalist agrees with that statement, too.And the album sound 'gay'? What, are you 10 years old? Anders should be taking notes on what Wilson can do with his voice and how he does it. I agree that Threshold's early material is obviously good, especially Dead Reckoning and Subsurface but their newer material with Wilson is actually better. More dynamic.

2. Nevermore is my favorite band of all time and they're not a "Progressive Metal' band. They were always more of a straight up modern metal band with elements of certain other genres (power metal vocals at times, even death metal riffing at others). I'd put March of Progress up against Nevermore's discography though, even though it would fall short simply because as brilliant as the album is, it's not aggressive enough to satisfy me ultimately.

P
Top notch songwriting in your eyes, boring prog metal objectively speaking. And how is Dead Reckoning counted as their early material? What the fuck? It was released in 2007. Subsurface 2004. None of those are early Threshold. First four albums were released in 1993-1998 so I don't understand why you are counting their latest couple records as earlier material.
Anders should take notes from that guy? Why would anyone even WANT to sound like that guy, that's the real question. From a technical standpoint he's great, but the way it sounds, no thanks.

And Nevermore is/was a progressive metal band. A bit more groovy on the last 2 records but as a whole, progressive metal with other influences and elements. Modern metal? You call them that and you say it's your favorite band? Makes as much sense as to call In Flames melodeath nowadays.