In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

Another review from France:

http://www.tvrocklive.com/chroniques/1071_in-flames-siren-charms.html

As I'm French, I translated it for you:

In Flames - Siren Charms
Sony Music
Score: 5/5
Genre: Melodic Death Metal!
"This new In Flames album entitled Siren Charms and coming out September 8, 2014 by Sony Music marks a 180 degree turn. Let the charm of the siren surprise you because this album is amazing. Off the beaten paths of the band, do not expect Sounds of a Playground Fading part II, otherwise you will be disappointed. Brutality was traded against maturity and introspection, the fragility of mankind. Surprising, as the singer here is Anders Fridén, I hear you say.

Of course, you will find these classic "Made In Flames" riffs, but also much more than that. What strikes before the drums is the sound production. The sound is pure and catchy, and here we go for 11 tracks.
The first listen is surprising and enjoyable, but we only find hints of what we know of In Flames. We remain stunned and skeptical. And we play it again just to be sure. And of course, we are not that sure to have got everything, so we hit the replay button again. This is the stength of these Swedish folks, going where we don't expect them while capturing our attention, and their fans got used to it since the beginning in the 1990's.

We struggle to recognize Anders Fridén on vocals, who, after going through some kind of a bad patch, delivers a more moving and sought range with lots of mastered clean vocals.

This album is so confusing, it is to be discovered again and again as you listen to it over and over. With an intro that gives us time to hear things settling, "In Plain View" lays the foundations for efficient riffs, and clean and death vocals altenately. The tempo quickens on "Everything Is Gone" which ends abruptly. We continue through "Paralyzed" this vocal journey that even sounds Bono-ish sometimes. In one breath, "Through Oblivion" is a hit to become for sure, with this calm, deep voice. In the same vein, "Eyes Wide Open" serves us some guitars as we like it with In Flames, a dynamic composition and a touch of emotion. A chorus that will be sung along live. The title Track "Siren Charms" and its heavy guitars support convincing clean vocals. Things go immediately heavier with "When The World Explodes" with angry death vocals and oh surprise, a guest in the person of Emilia Felt who appeases everything during the downright astonishing chorus until a really effective atmospheric outro. This whole album is just a ramp up to the last two tracks which are way more aggressive and kickass "Monsters In The Ballroom" and "Filtered Truth".
In Flames have successfully extracted the essence of what they are today in 2014, a nice continuation to their career."

Review by Emmanuelle Neveu.

I'm pretty excited for this album honestly. I don't usually like when bands change sound so drastically but when I like all their albums (even ASOP a little) I can't really complain. Is it unfortunate that they don't make heavier music like in the past, of course. But oh well. So far though, it sounds like this really should have just been the next Passenger album?

That review made me happy. It's not an obvious fanboy review just praising for the cause of it, and it's not just a hater bashing it either, seems like a good honest review, and it made me more hopeful now. Really can't wait to hear When the World Explodes, seems like the best song on the album. And don't forget also the two bonus tracks were supposedly two of the stronger and heavier songs as well, and they aren't in the review.

Things go immediately heavier with "When The World Explodes" with angry death vocals

Wow that's really interesting. I'm really curious about this one. So any ideas when we can listen the album? I'm talking about leaks of course lol

Wow that's really interesting. I'm really curious about this one. So any ideas when we can listen the album? I'm talking about leaks of course lol

Sounds of a Playground Fadiing leaked only two weeks before its official release. Plus, here they don't seem to mail press packages and prefer auditions that are apparently well controlled (the SOAPF leak was a press package with photos, I remember clearly).

I guess it will leak on the 8th of September...

Sounds of a Playground Fadiing leaked only two weeks before its official release. Plus, here they don't seem to mail press packages and prefer auditions that are apparently well controlled (the SOAPF leak was a press package with photos, I remember clearly).

I guess it will leak on the 8th of September...

Wasn't even 2 weeks, it was only like 8-9 days. And yep, they are keeping the lid extremely tight this time around. Those journalist/reviewers who were at Hellfest when the label had a listening party said everything was extremely controlled to ensure no leaks. So I would not expect a leak at all, except for maybe 1 day early, 2 max due to people getting a delivery early.

And I asked IF on twitter about the vinyl bundle but I didn't get a response. I've always wanted IF do release instrumental versions and now they are doing it with the whole album but the problem is that I can't play vinyls and they are only releasing it on the vinyl bundle. I hope someone rips it or convert it, if that is possible even.

Wasn't even 2 weeks, it was only like 8-9 days. And yep, they are keeping the lid extremely tight this time around. Those journalist/reviewers who were at Hellfest when the label had a listening party said everything was extremely controlled to ensure no leaks. So I would not expect a leak at all, except for maybe 1 day early, 2 max due to people getting a delivery early.

I saw on Facebook that they received physical copies at RAZZIA records...

Yeah but razzia is the distributor in Scandinavia for the new album, and razzia has close ties with Anders, he has his own little children-label under razzia.

Also saw this, weird.
http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/products/tontraeger/vinyl/7-box/in-flames-siren-charms-fanbox.html

Does In Flames have some new distribution deal with Nuclear Blast as well? If I'm not mistaken IF's new label Epic/Sony management are from Germany as well? Why would Nuclear Blast then sell the album as well? :eek:

And I asked IF on twitter about the vinyl bundle but I didn't get a response. I've always wanted IF do release instrumental versions and now they are doing it with the whole album but the problem is that I can't play vinyls and they are only releasing it on the vinyl bundle. I hope someone rips it or convert it, if that is possible even.

Wow i guess we're gonna wait till the day album released..

I think leakers will find a way and convert the vinlys somehow :D It would be good.

And btw krofius, I see your comments at every In Flames video on youtube dude lol.

Wow i guess we're gonna wait till the day album released..

I think leakers will find a way and convert the vinlys somehow :D It would be good.

And btw krofius, I see your comments at every In Flames video on youtube dude lol.

GG. You should check out my channel though, got some rare In Flames stuff uploaded.

I've always wanted IF (to) do (a) release (with) instrumental versions and now they are doing it with the whole album but the problem is that I can't play vinyls and they are only releasing it on the vinyl bundle. I hope someone rips it or convert it, if that is possible even.

It is absolutely possible.

Wow, instrumental version of Through Oblivion. That will be "interesting"...