In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

In Plain View sounded pretty good actually. Can't really hear the clean parts by Anders but musically I liked the opening riffs.

BTW why Anders the Hipster looks so bored? Like he's not into it..

Idk where you guys are hearing "in plain view"

unless it's barely in the background of the part 1 video then I don't know how you guys can even hear it

Hahahaha @ Papa Roach.

Great direction for In Flames $ wise... Music wise... Not so much.

But I can't hate, drawing in mainstream radio-rock fans that will hopefully stick around to see IF at the shows = reaching a bigger fan base. Logistically it makes sense.

Idk where you guys are hearing "in plain view"

unless it's barely in the background of the part 1 video then I don't know how you guys can even hear it

You can hear In Plain View pretty clearly? It's very audible. You can hear the riffs and the vocals very well. Same with Everything's Gone but we've already heard that entire song.

And who are While She Sleeps? That sounds a little rape-y.
I think they are somewhat of a hardcore/metalcore-ish band of some sort. I heard they were a very solid liveband. As for only4theweak187 saying bringing Papa Roach was a business decision, I highly doubt it. It was announced todya, they are only special guests, not on the whole tour. The Sweden shows are already basically sold out weeks ago so it makes no sense to announce it now when everybody has already bought tickets for the Euro tour. In Flames previous Euro tours with FAR lesser known opening bands have sold out most of the shows already so I don't think they need Papa Roach to boost their tickets sale lol, they seem to be good friends as well. I don't really like that THAT much but I like some of their biggest songs such as Last Resort and Getting Away With Murder just because I liked them when I first heard them like 10 years ago lol. 95% of the people going to the shows is there to see In Flames anyway.

Also, they already posted the second track-by-track breakdown

http://www.revolvermag.com/news/in-flames-discuss-new-album-track-by-track-part-2-video.html
Paralyzed sounds really good, love that groovy riff. The verse riff sounds very weird with the picking (in a good way IMO), and the chorus is catchy and has really great clean vocals. Except for some weird parts of Rusted Nail, I love the new clean vocals approach, such a huge improvement. Doesn't sound whiny like on ASOP and not that nasal either.
I don't understand though lol, Anders is talking about track 3 Paralyzed then he starts talking about Monsters in the Ballroom which is track 10, then Siren Charms which is track 6, then Rusted Nail is track 8.
Monsters in the ballroom is described as a fast song, straight forward thrash song with screaming and melodic singing.
Only think we heard Paralyzed then small part of Siren Charms, and lastly Rusted Nail?
Siren Charms sounded great, loved the samples and the vocals in that chorus (I think it was the chorus.

Awesome if they post one track-by-track per day.
Also here is a brand new review with Björn. Keep in mind it's the same guy who wrote the first über-positive review. Seems like it's his true opinion though and not just bullshit (in his eyes).
http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/interview-in-flames/11085707

Seems like Everything's Gone is almost guaranteed to be played on the tour, that's awesome. Will for sure get the crowd going.
Also lol at the last question without an answer...

What's your favorite In Flames song?
See our "First Reaction" to Siren Charms here!

Also, Through Oblivion is being released Aug 22. I guess we'll get the music vid a couple days earlier then.

Also Anders interview on Full Metal Jackie this week
http://loudwire.com/in-flames-anders-friden-siren-charms-album-recording-in-berlin-more/

Paralyzed riff sounds good to me.... and then Anders starts singing. :(

Well, he said it himself: "Something we as In Flames are known for these days... groovy verse and a big, big chorus". "And those of you who want to hear some proper riffing or different song structure, FUCK U, we do ONLY groovy verses and big, big choruses. :)

I don't think I missed it, but has anyone seen the pictures they are posting on their Twitter/Facebook? They are teases of the Through Oblivion video and they say, "This Friday".

10571996_702706706444758_3174056831079569998_o.jpg

Damn, few years ago this would be my dream tour.

Don't worry A88, they might still find a place in the setlist for Disconnected :kickass:

Another good interview with Björn
http://www.charged.fm/blog/post/5902/interview-bjorn-gelotte-of-in-flames-

Part 3 track by track
http://www.revolvermag.com/news/in-flames-discuss-new-album-track-by-track-part-3-video.html
All three song previews sounded really good I think.
Loved the intro melodic riff for the second slower song With Eyes Wide Open, and finally we heard a good preview of When The World Explodes although we didn't get a glimpse of the chorus, but what I heard from it sounded damn good.

My expectations for the album has risen severely after hearing much of the previews now. Doubt I will dislike that much stuff from the album.

EWO sounds good.

It seems like they are doing a good job on more melodic or atmospheric parts, but mediocre (aggressive) riffs (same thing over and over and over again) and terrible verse vocals just kills it for me.

With better singer, or standard growls-in-verses-processed-cleans-in-chorus setup, I think I would like this album more.

Well, after listening to the Part 2 & 3 videos with headphones... Like everyone else , my curiosity has become much more positive and def looking forward to this now : ]

I had a feeling the album would be different, but not TOO bad... I kept telling myself that the 2 singles we've heard weren't the whole cake.

Also, Opeth with In Flames headlining NYC Dec. 18th will be amazing, can't wait. I'm about 3 hrs away, always enjoyed taking the train in... There's nothing like Manhattan. Never been to this particular venue but I've seen IF live at the Best Buy Theater which is right in Times Square.

I thought for sure us Americans would have to wait for IF to tour the states at least until next year.

My summer sucked so this will great

Just found this forum and thread. After reading (almost) all posts that's my humble opinion.

As for the new songs:
Rusted Nails: classic rock, poor chorus lyrics (it seems that here the lazy one was Anders).
Through Oblivion: classic pop (very similar to swedish pop band Kent).
Everything's gone: no chance it's classic death metal, it's more like classic new metal (and to listen to new metal i rather like Slipknot).
I gotta say that, as the IF albums were being released, I used to listen to them (to all of them) for almost a whole year and always enjoy them. The new songs, after a month, I'm tired of them.

Also, I'm growing tired of the difference of traits they do to their fans acording to the countries they live in. Now it seems they only care for the US fans. That's right for them, but it does make me change my attitude towards the band.

Just found this forum and thread. After reading (almost) all posts that's my humble opinion.

As for the new songs:
Rusted Nails: classic rock, poor chorus lyrics (it seems that here the lazy one was Anders).
Through Oblivion: classic pop (very similar to swedish pop band Kent).
Everything's gone: no chance it's classic death metal, it's more like classic new metal (and to listen to new metal i rather like Slipknot).
I gotta say that, as the IF albums were being released, I used to listen to them (to all of them) for almost a whole year and always enjoy them. The new songs, after a month, I'm tired of them.

Also, I'm growing tired of the difference of traits they do to their fans acording to the countries they live in. Now it seems they only care for the US fans. That's right for them, but it does make me change my attitude towards the band.

Bullshit. The riffs in Everything's gone are way closer to Slayer than Slipknot, just listen to the 'solo'. The riffs in this song are pure death or thrash metal, but nothing like 0-000-00-0 NU-metal.

Yeah, they prefer the US fans... Have you ever seen the HUGE live shows and touring they do in Scandinavia? Never heard of the Sticky Fingers venue?

Bullshit. The riffs in Everything's gone are way closer to Slayer than Slipknot, just listen to the 'solo'. The riffs in this song are pure death or thrash metal, but nothing like 0-000-00-0 NU-metal.

Yeah, they prefer the US fans... Have you ever seen the HUGE live shows and touring they do in Scandinavia? Never heard of the Sticky Fingers venue?

I'm not saying that they look like Slipknot, I'm saying that, if listening to new metal, I'd rather like Slipknot. Also, I've been listening to Slayer for a long time and Everything's gone doesn't sound like them at all.

I've got the Used and Abused (like everything else they released until now), so I heard of that show. But the fact is that, they release the new album preview videos to the us fandom and also they released through oblivion and everything's gone for the us fandom before the europe fandom.