In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I agree. EG has some death metal riffs (not that good unfortunately), but song as a whole is pretty much generic modern shit. Like a mix between some random classic death metal bend, Slipknot and weird electro-industrial-pop band.

One thing that bothers me with all new songs released so far is how the verses (music and singing) are so diabolically bad. Like they didn't know what to do with them. There is absolutely nothing that I like about them (generic riffing, terrible singing, no dynamics, weird vocal melodies). Choruses are done much, much better.

Can't say that I like Filtered Truth's riffs. Not much a fan of AC/DC.

I agree with A88, there's something weird about verses. I don't like the start of the verses on Rusted Nail and Eyes Wide Open. It's just weird don't know why. But music wise I expect more from the album. I can hear pretty good riffs.

Oh, and I find this new songs so stagnant and lacking thrilling moments.

They are all so mid-tempo-ish and flat. Is it too much to ask for something like a slow song, or cool little acoustic breadown turning into faster stuff with double bass pedal and good thrashy melodeath riff?

Enter Tragedy and A New Dawn had something like that.

But I won't count out Filtered Truth just because of that semi-audible review. Previews can be good but they can also give an misinformive view of how the whole song sounds.

The verses does seem to be a little bit different structured though, but often stuff that sounds weird at first often grows after a couple listens and becomes much better. Through Oblivion video tomorrow, might be an interesting video although many don't like the song.

But I won't count out Filtered Truth just because of that semi-audible review. Previews can be good but they can also give an misinformive view of how the whole song sounds.

The verses does seem to be a little bit different structured though, but often stuff that sounds weird at first often grows after a couple listens and becomes much better. Through Oblivion video tomorrow, might be an interesting video although many don't like the song.

Verses seems different because of Anders's weird vocal techniques. I listened Rusted Nail maybe hundred times but still can't get used to first verse.

Can't believe Anders did vocals of this beautiful song.

Btw krofius you have a comment on this video aswell :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like Filtered Truth might have an post-album or an epilogue kind of feel to it like Liberation with how different it sounds from the rest of the album. So far it seems like I will really enjoy this album. I like how different it is and as long as the lyrics are interesting and more thought out than ASOP I'll be happy. Also, I do like Through Oblivion quite a bit.

Here it is, IF gone pop. Ander solo project video.

Song is not that terrible. Chorus is actually a fine piece of pop music, the rest of song is forgettable and pointless.

[youtube]JeX2uS4jWMs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Oh I wonder just how awful will this sound live. We have drums, we have guitars doing the same stuff whole song (Anders said "classic IF guitars" :guh: ), we have tons of electronics and we have Anders singing, which is bound to sound bad, broken and out of tune.

But... they seem to have no problem playing stuff like this live. Only the songs with real guitar work and longer than 3 minutes are "unplayable".

Also, every reviewer that labels IF "melodic death metal" should be shot at sight.

Here it is, IF gone pop. Ander solo project video.

Song is not that terrible. Chorus is actually a fine piece of pop music, the rest of song is forgettable and pointless.

[youtube]JeX2uS4jWMs&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Oh I wonder just how awful will this sound live. We have drums, we have guitars doing the same stuff whole song (Anders said "classic IF guitars" :guh: ), we have tons of electronics and we have Anders singing, which is bound to sound bad, broken and out of tune.

But... they seem to have no problem playing stuff like this live. Only the songs with real guitar work and longer than 3 minutes are "unplayable".

Also, every reviewer that labels IF "melodic death metal" should be shot at sight.

Boring song, boring video (I don't get why they keep on doing videos as bad as this one, I rather like the Deliver Us style). It's sad that the best of the song is the Anders' pop chorus. As for the guitars I only like the ten first seconds, then is absolutly forgetable.

Fun facts 'bout Through Oblivion:

- song/video is 3.40 long
- first 10 sec are silent
- 35 sec later, first chorus begins
- chorus repeats 3 times, making up 40-45% of the song
- song is composed of basically just 2 simple riffs with small variations

You can now listen to a 1:30 preview of Filtered Truth through iTunes.

Heard the full song. It doesn't sound like in flames that much. Still don't know what to think. The worst seems to be Anders lines. I wonder how many times he has to repeat that they hadn't changed that much before starting to believe it himself.

Heard the full song. It doesn't sound like in flames that much. Still don't know what to think. The worst seems to be Anders lines. I wonder how many times he has to repeat that they hadn't changed that much before starting to believe it himself.

Where did you hear the whole song?