In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

I don't think he used "fuck" since but he has used "shit". But at least he used something. I like Watch Them Feed a lot and I would actually prefer the rest of R2R to use the same production.

I don't think he used "fuck" since but he has used "shit". But at least he used something. I like Watch Them Feed a lot and I would actually prefer the rest of R2R to use the same production.

Agreed. The guitars are not so muddy, and in general the track is a bit more "raw" -- which makes it all mesh much better.

It sounds like it wasn't mastered properly which might explain the rawness :D it's a massive comedown from the excellent, slick production of Clayman. But then R2R was as well. If In Flames hadn't buried so many melodies into that muddy R2R mix it would have been much better received.

So guys, which song do you listen from the new album lately? I'm listening Everything's Gone and Monsters In The Ballroom a lot. And WEWO too of course.

Hmm.. the whole album really, on shuffle. But if I chose a song its almost everytime either paralyzed or dead eyes. Which is kinda funny.

I remember hearing Watch Them Feed for the first time and being really disappointed that Anders had used a swear :D I think it's the first time they'd used "fuck" in their lyrics?

Actually, in Subterranean's title-track, during the last verse, I think Forss says "Fuck with me all through the night" (at about 4:52). The lyrics officially say "Spend time with me all through the night", and that's what shows up the first time this section comes about (at 1:51), but the second time, that's definitely not what's being said.

I find myself forcing myself to turn it on (that's rather bad in itself).

If I do though, Dead Eyes, Paralyzed, Monsters in the Ballroom. When the World Explodes' chorus is AWESOME, but I have to skip through the verses -- they're so boring and bland.

Not even Through Oblivion? :D :D

Well, I try not to listen, but damn, it's such a genre-defining, ground-breaking, jaw-dropping, heart-pumping piece of music.

Really, if I force myself to listen SC, I'm going only through IPW, Paralyzed, WTWE ending and Dead Eyes melody.

OMG, is this guy serious?

Overall Rating – 10/10

I get that some people like this album, but 10/10 is fucking hilarious. It's like someone claiming this is 0/10 - the worst album in the history of music.

OMG, is this guy serious?

I get that some people like this album, but 10/10 is fucking hilarious. It's like someone claiming this is 0/10 - the worst album in the history of music.

I'm sure Sony are very happy though...

The over-emotional inertia of frontman Anders Fridén’s clean vocals means that there is an unwavering sense of melancholy that runs through many of the album’s tracks, often giving the impression of the vocalist of an emo band fronting a metal band

:D

I'm sure Sony are very happy though...

It's funny how all this "10/10" reviews sound empty.

"Anders vocals really shine. In Flames nailed another legendary album. Revolution in music." End.

In this particular case, author wrote about IF being good band in the past, IF receiving praise from Swedish minister of economy, Sweden having good bands, Anders singing clean vocas and SC being melodic. That's it.

Not the case with real 10/10 albums where writer can't stop describing every little phenomenal detail.

Oh...

It is still alternative metal but it closely borders on horrible mass produced hard rock. There is also entirely too many electronic elements in play.

Siren Charms lacks the substance found on all of the band’s past releases. Both the writing and the musical performances felt like they were mailed in. Guitarists Bjorn Gelotte and Niclas Engelin have infinite amounts of talent and they show little to none of that talent on this record. The guitar work is pedestrian and outright boring. The drumming from the once great Daniel Svensson is slow and monotonous and don’t even get me started on the overly simplistic song writing and arrangements.

Pretty much all the very positive reviews I've seen have been extremely generic, like they've just inserted In Flames name & band members names into a "good metal album" template. I seriously wonder if some of them have even listened to the album or just been given a check list of things to say by Sony.

Pretty much all the very positive reviews I've seen have been extremely generic, like they've just inserted In Flames name & band members names into a "good metal album" template. I seriously wonder if some of them have even listened to the album or just been given a check list of things to say by Sony.

Damn, if sony gives me a check I'm gonna start praising this album. I'm being serious sony.:heh:

I'd say Siren Charms is indeed their worst album so far. - I spent all day yesterday listening to old, and new, to compare them with Siren Charms.

On a scale out of 5.

Lunar Strain: 4.7
The Jester Race: 5
Whoracle: 4.8
Colony: 4.7
Clayman: 4.8
Reroute To Remain: 3.6
Soundtrack To Your Escape: 3.8
Come Clarity: 4.1
A Sense Of Purpose: 4.5
Sounds Of A Playground Fading: 3
Siren Charms: 1.2
Siren Charms Special Edition: 1.3

I'd say Siren Charms is indeed their worst album so far. - I spent all day yesterday listening to old, and new, to compare them with Siren Charms.

On a scale out of 5.

Lunar Strain: 4.7
The Jester Race: 5
Whoracle: 4.8
Colony: 4.7
Clayman: 4.8
Reroute To Remain: 3.6
Soundtrack To Your Escape: 3.8
Come Clarity: 4.1
A Sense Of Purpose: 4.5
Sounds Of A Playground Fading: 3
Siren Charms: 1.2
Siren Charms Special Edition: 1.3

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Ome thing I'm noticing is that all the good guitar melodies are hidden under Anders voice.