In Flames New Album being released in Q2 of 2014 thread

WTF is this shit?

My good, who gave Anders the microphone. Uh, cringeworthy.

So:

- starts with pointless electro stuff (continues later through the song)
- decent riff kicks in
- they add rhythm guitar that is so disconnected from the riff (WTF!?)
- Anders screams and whines in the most annoying fashion ("place in this meeeessss..." My God)
- The ultimate leftover garbage chorus
- some bridge that reminds me of some rehashed old material
- decent solo, but really as mediocre as it gets
- verse, I guess
- chorus again
- only real riff in this song again

Again the same fucking boring song structure.

It's hard to believe but this shit is even worse then the basic album stuff. Two things worth mentioning - one riff and one solo.

Another 5/10 or something.

I really can't judge this songs when they combine utterly bad parts with half-decent or good ones.

WTF is this shit?

My good, who gave Anders the microphone. Uh, cringeworthy.

So:

- starts with pointless electro stuff (continues later through the song)
- decent riff kicks in
- they add rhythm guitar that is so disconnected from the riff (WTF!?)
- Anders screams and whines in the most annoying fashion ("place in this meeeessss..." My God)
- The ultimate leftover garbage chorus
- some bridge that reminds me of some rehashed old material
- decent solo, but really as mediocre as it gets
- verse, I guess
- chorus again
- only real riff in this song again

Again the same fucking boring song structure.

It's hard to believe but this shit is even worse then the basic album stuff. Two things worth mentioning - one riff and one solo.

Another 5/10 or something.

I really can't judge this songs when they combine utterly bad parts with half-decent or good ones.

It's sad but I agree. Sounds more like a version than something original. Also chorus is the most pop from the entire album.

The first 50 seconds of Become the Sky are great. The verses are once again totally fucked up, why do all the verses have to sound like a metalcore breakdown with Anders' vocals layered over the top completely out of rhythm? It happens in almost every song on SC, I don't know what they're trying to achieve with it.

Chorus is pop-metal personified. Kinda catchy but we've heard it so many times before.

A bit disappointed as the hype isn't really justified. It's some of the best guitar-work on the album imo (you can actually tell there are two guitarists!) and Daniel seems to have finally woken up on the drums. Still a lot of problems with rhythm though, like many other songs on SC the song seems fragmented and struggles to flow.

I wholeheartedly agree about the rhythm and flow. I have no idea what are they trying to do. Sounds like bunch of amateurs trying to patch different parts in one song. And almost every fucking song has some part where all things go to hell and Anders does his "show" with rather pointless and meaningless guitars and drums, a rhythmic in the background.

It's some of the best guitar-work on the album imo (you can actually tell there are two guitarists!)

That is saying a lot about this album.

This stuff wouldn't even be mentioned on CC, ASOP or SOAPF. And here we are, praising it like it's Suburban me reborn.

The rip was deleted with the bonus track before I could catch it. Aan anyone send me to a speedyshare or any download link with just the Become the Sky track? thanks

Listened (BTS) about ten times. Now my head is aching. I don't like the chorus, I don't like the intro, I can't understand why the solo guitars sound so lame and why the chorus is so boring and generic.

Well, enough with the music by now. Lets start complaining about bad attitudes. I know that there's a part of the old fanbase that act like morons, hating like they enjoy it. I really can understand why people enjoy this album, though I really don't like nothing about it, but people has its tastes.

But, what I cannot stand are some of the new (I will call them fanboys) who new nothing about the band ten years ago, who doesn't like the old albums, and by old I mean everything they released until clayman (included), who call themselves true fans and keep on telling those who doesn't like the album to fuck off and don't speak about the band. So I wanna say somthing. Without those "haters" as they want to call them, there will be no IF, there will be no evolution, no "mature" (though I don't think it's mature), no fucking SC (please, those who like the album excuse me, it's an expresion of rage against those kids), for this people has been suporting the band through the hard times and kept on when the good times came. So, at least, I would expect some respect, for if they (we) are disapointed with the album they have more right to tell than anyone else. I don't think the band should do music to please their fans, nor the old nor the new, but everibody should keep in mind that without their support IF would've never become the band that is now.

Oh my gosh, this is such a huge fucking letdown after all this hype. I like the riff but that's pretty much all. Verse is terrible and chorus is even more awful than Dead Eyes or WEWO. If this track would be included in the standard version of SC, it would be one of the worse tracks. Which means it's really really bad :lol:

Don't worry. I like Siren Charms and I have more old IF stuff than you do :lol:

I'm not talking about you. Unless you're a kid.:heh:

Sorry. I mean, how can anything that I wrote be aplied to someone like you? Don't you like the old material? Don't you own the old material? Did you ever said to anyone to go fuck off and stop following the band?

I'm not talking about you. Unless you're a kid.:heh:

Sorry. I mean, how can anything that I wrote be aplied to someone like you? Don't you like the old material, don't you own the old material, did you ever said to anyone to go fuck off and stop following the band?

I'm a kid with a beard. :cool:

I don't even feel like explaining in detail any longer.

Worst album IF have done, fact.

Not one good song, one.

This is not them, what they should be doing or what they're capable of.

Yuck.

It might not be them, but that doesn't mean it's a fact that it's their worst album. If you don't like it, that is 100% fine. I'm not gonna call you crazy for not liking it since it is a very different album, and I'm not going to try and convince you that you should like it, but to just say it's a fact that it's their worst album is just childish. If you want to use the word "fact", use it in a way like this: "Fact: this album is absolutely horrible in my opinion."

Oh, just saw the new link. Thanks.

I_Bet_on_Sky.jpeg