Introduce yourself here

Okay, I'll introduce myself too with the time I have...
I'm sixteen years old, and I'm from the Netherlands
I hate this country (way too much racism shit about immigrants and stuff like that)but the city Arnhem (Arnheim) is alright... I was born there.
I still go to school. I play drums (six/seven years) and guitar (about one year).
When I finish school, I'm planning to go to someplace in Scandinavia (Norway? Sweden?) for about a year to study music (perhaps I'll stay after that) And it'd be great to learn the language a bit.
I love music, I'm into "metal"-bands like the Devin Townsend Band, Anathema, Swallow the sun, The old dead tree, Tool... and more, but most of all I like Katatonia. I got to know them trough Travis Smith (he's got them on his favorites playlist) and some friend of mine kinda liked the music too.
But I like jazz too(especially to play). And I'm open for pretty much every style of music, as long as there has been put heart into it :p
that's it for now

hey all,
my name is Anders (nickname, middle name alexANDER. find someone who got their nickname in such a stupid way and i'll give you a penny. and it probably won't be shiny.)
im 20 years old
live about 15 minutes south of D.C. in a place called fairfax. 3rd worst traffic in the united states. 86 extra hours a year in traffic. prolly why i love music so much. i used to work in a harley-davidson shop until i mixed my favorite hobby, drinking, with my job. im in college now studying basics and acting. been listenin to kata since 2001ish. dig all music, mostly metal, but rock and electronic. not really any rap, some classical and some 'underground' country. it exists. trust me. i'm a singer until recently in a band. now i jsut sit around awrite acoustic shit and drink.
if you need to know anything else, we'll probably have to start dating.
A.

Divatkreació said:
There are two kinds of scandinavians out there: Those who are drunkards and those who arent. The latter ones are a tiny, isolated fisher-tribe in northern Norway who can't afford buying booze.
I always thought scandinavians drink too much... until I once saw finns drinking with russianso_O :loco:

Vincent J. said:
Okay, I'll introduce myself too with the time I have...
I'm sixteen years old, and I'm from the Netherlands
I hate this country (way too much racism shit about immigrants and stuff like that)but the city Arnhem (Arnheim) is alright... I was born there.
I still go to school. I play drums (six/seven years) and guitar (about one year).
When I finish school, I'm planning to go to someplace in Scandinavia (Norway? Sweden?) for about a year to study music (perhaps I'll stay after that) And it'd be great to learn the language a bit.
I love music, I'm into "metal"-bands like the Devin Townsend Band, Anathema, Swallow the sun, The old dead tree, Tool... and more, but most of all I like Katatonia. I got to know them trough Travis Smith (he's got them on his favorites playlist) and some friend of mine kinda liked the music too.
But I like jazz too(especially to play). And I'm open for pretty much every style of music, as long as there has been put heart into it :p
that's it for now

Just so you know Denmark doesn't have that big of a metal culture. But we drink the most in all of Scandinavia..even more than the Finnso_O

Illnath said:
Just so you know Denmark doesn't have that big of a metal culture. But we drink the most in all of Scandinavia..even more than the Finnso_O

I do not belive that. If there's someone in the world that are drinking MORE than the Finns, I must have misunderstood, well, mostly evertyhing! Finns = sauna, forest, lakes and vodka. :D

DiviniaCommedia said:
I do not belive that. If there's someone in the world that are drinking MORE than the Finns, I must have misunderstood, well, mostly evertyhing! Finns = sauna, forest, lakes and vodka. :D

No, not vodka, that would be the russians. Finns drink beer. Trust me, I know :D And also Koskenkorva, but that's not a vodka, just plain booze. It tastes like turpentine in my opinion :yuk: but I don't think the taste is the reason why people drink it.

I think I might be pretty much of a stranger for most people here, cause I know nobody, and only post here now and then.

I'm a norwegian girl, 19 years old. Like Jinn, I found Katatonia through Opeth, and my first experience was with Last Fair Deal Gone Down. For the time being, I'm studying art in Bergen, while using the evenings at concerts, bars and books.

Hevimees said:
No, not vodka, that would be the russians. Finns drink beer. Trust me, I know :D And also Koskenkorva, but that's not a vodka, just plain booze. It tastes like turpentine in my opinion :yuk: but I don't think the taste is the reason why people drink it.

Damn, my view of the world is now ruined. =D But thank you for updating me on the finnish alcohol-habits. Now I know more about Finland than before. Hurrah.

Illnath said:
Well, you know, I actually don't care much about the booze...
(I'm feeling really lonely with this oppinion on this forum:ill: )
But thanks for letting me know:p
btw, please don't ban me for the little use of alcohol:Spin:

Vincent J. said:
Well, you know, I actually don't care much about the booze...
(I'm feeling really lonely with this oppinion on this forum:ill: )
But thanks for letting me know:p
btw, please don't ban me for the little use of alcohol:Spin:

I havnt touched a drop of alcohol.....or done any drugs in 4 years......yes I had a problem with it....

Hevimees said:

Except that many people at least here in Lapland drink vodka :) ! But yeah, your right that beer is more common around here. Even though booze have got a larger popularity after the prizes started to decrease.