Introduction thread

the music always depends on in what mood I am - when I am aggressive, it´s like trash metal or so, when I am in a good mood its that...sure there are bands I mainly listen to but well...

Hello!

I'm Shiloh. I live in Seattle, been a metalhead for many many moons, but I just found Turisas while at Pagan Fest earlier this month. A friend had been raving about them, but I never got a chance to hear them until the show. They blew me away and stole the entire show. T'was most awesome.

Hi, all. I'm Sara.

I'm piggybacking on this post, because I'm the friend who was raving about them! I first heard Turisas last year, and the music I just found incredible. Plus, they have fun, which a lot of metal bands just don't do. Because metal = SRS BZNS. I saw them on the Paganfest Seattle show, and they were easily the highlight of the evening. We even met the Warlord after the show :kickass:

I'm in my 30's. I also live in the Seattle area, and sometimes attend shows with Shiloh and other friends. I work in the software industry as an engineer, on media and television software. On my off time, I like to draw and paint with watercolors, take little roadtrips around, and hang out in coffeeshops with a dense book or my portable watercolor palette and notebook. On the weekends, sometimes I volunteer at the Everett Animal Shelter, which is north of Seattle. There I socialize with the shelter cats, sell pet tags, and help answer questions in the lobby area. I love doing that; it's quite rewarding. I'm also looking at Grad Schools in the Bay Area; I want to study Religion and related topics.

On UM, I usually hang out in the Borknagar and Vintersorg fora; despite listening to Turisas for a while now, today was the first day I posted here.

Thanks!

Hello, I am Greedo. I hail from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Come here please Turisas =P

I started listening to Turisas because we were talking about Rasputin in History class last year. I remembered the song by Boney M, searched it on Youtube and the cover done by Turisas came up. I loved it, it was amazing. And their attire was very unique. So I downloaded all their albums. But that wasnt enough.

I just came back from a Europe trip, and while in Germany, I saw The Varangian Way Directors Cut. I didnt want to pass up the chance, so I bought it promptly.

The last 2-3 weeks, I've listened to it everyday. Sometimes twice. Its amazing. I tried to get into Metal before, but the bands started to bore me. Turisas is much different. The music is just... epic. I get shivers from it.

I just watched the concerts. This is a band I have to see one day, and my new favorite band. This coming from a guy who loves the Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, etc... The most metal band I had before was Rage Against the Machine. Now I listen to Turisas and Ensiferum, and maybe some day Ill get around to check out Tyr and Amon Armath.

Still looking for the battle metal CD =)

hey, welcome!!!
and you should definately check out Tyr, i'm not a fan of Amon Amarth though.
Arkona, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Dragonforce are all brilliant bands too and you should have a listen....
and come to the UK in september/october for turisas here! hehe

I landed in Frankfurt, then drove up through Koeln, actually, where you live judging by your location. Very nice Cathedral you have there. Es ist eine schoene stat. I love all the castles you guys have. I'm definately going back one day when I have more than just 2 days to explore it a bit.

..then around through holland, belgium, france, all for about 2 weeks then to Switzerland where I stayed with family for 3 weeks.

cool you like Köln :) tell me when you´re coming back, maybe I can show you around a bit :D

HELLO!!! welcome, yay for more people:headbang:

hey, welcome!!!
and you should definately check out Tyr, i'm not a fan of Amon Amarth though.
Arkona, Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Dragonforce are all brilliant bands too and you should have a listen....
and come to the UK in september/october for turisas here! hehe

Katie, they aren't battle metal however hard you try:p:lol:

Hi, I'm Sandra, a 15 years old student from Spain (Yeah, FUCKING HOT! >_<) that has missed her opportunity to see Turisas and Amon Amarth in Lorca Rock 'cause she was in a 3 weeks journey amongs the vast Ireland. Yeah you can kill me, but it was cheap and great. Love the walks amongs the forest :).
Of course I love metal, but mostly viking/death/folk/pagan/black, and I'm going to see Kampfar in Madrid on 3rd October, my birthday :headbang:!

Welcome Warlady Morrigan!
I haven't heard Kampfar before what are they like?
*this is a bit OT but I'm curious!*

Folk/pagan/black metal. You know, northern pride, viking mithology, ravens, wolfs and norwegian lyrics. They're cool, you must listen to them :kickass:.