Least Favourite Opeth Track

Grand Conjuration? What's wrong with you its the new demon of the fall! A little more mellow, but still a great song. I don't hate any opeth songs, but my least favorite are probably the older stuff, as well as some ghost reveries. Worst in my opinion: Patterns in the Ivy 2. The first one was ok,and I'm glad Opeth never put this on an album.

Hypnos said:
not boring, overwhelming...
for me, DFN is definitely the best track on BWP by far. everything about this song is great and the heavy middle-part is the top of brilliance. it's so huge in its monumental sadness...i'll probably never grasp how so many people don't appreciate it.

ditto

mh, not counting covers and demo tracks my least fave would possibly be the grand conjuration. i also do not like dirge for november and master's apprentice (tho MA has a few cool parts).

MrJack said:
Grand Conjuration? What's wrong with you its the new demon of the fall! A little more mellow, but still a great song. I don't hate any opeth songs, but my least favorite are probably the older stuff, as well as some ghost reveries. Worst in my opinion: Patterns in the Ivy 2. The first one was ok,and I'm glad Opeth never put this on an album.

N00b, Patterns in the Ivy 2 kicks tons of ass.

How can someone not like advent.

un-fucking-believable

you lie!!!

Ghost of Perdition
The Baying of the Hounds
Beneath the Mire
Atonement
Reverie/Harlequin Forest
Hours of Wealth
The Grand Conjuration

I won't include Isolation Years, I actually quite enjoy that.

MrJack said:
Grand Conjuration? What's wrong with you its the new demon of the fall!

I nearly vomited when I read that.

I don't particularly enjoy To Bid You Farewell. The first few minutes before the vocals come in are awesome, but the song just kind of drops there. I also tend to skip the instrumentals except for Patterns in the Ivy, Silhouette, and Madrigal. Actually, after listening to To Bid You Farewell again, the end of the song (after the boring 4 minutes or so in the middle of the song) redeems the song for me. The riff at 8:00 is fucking genius.

Probably something from the first 2 records.

Probably Black Rose Immortal, simply cause imo it just sounds like a bunch of seemingly random sections slapped together, a-la a jigsaw puzzle, to make up a long song.

It's all subjective however, don't have a heartattack over it. I didn't.

this thread makes me want to cry. the best tracks like weakness, DFN, face of melinda, and hours of wealth are being slammed in favor of mediocre at best pieces like black rose immortal. ugh

Honestly... AFJ is an amazing song. I just don't get how anyone could say it's their LEAST favorite.