Mallcore kids who refer to Opeth as gay pussy music

Slightly off subject but has anyone noticed how the "hardcore" "emo" scene always makes fun of the mall kids but they are drifting into that category with all those damn emoish bands on MTV.

"hardcore" "emo" scene. What the...!

A "mallcore kid" must have given that interview on Morningrise that Wolff (I think) posted about a week ago. I was just waiting for him to say the words "Opeth is pussy music!" but instead it was just ramblings like "...and they keep putting acoustic parts for no reason..." and "...the songs are LOVE SONGS!"

"Break of morning, coldness lingers on.
Shroud me into nightmares of the sun."

I have a friend who like all the popular metal slipknot, mudvane, one minute silence, etc. and when I play opeth for him he always looks confused. So I ask him what he thinks and he's like "uhh there alright… what's he saying"

Yeah, I played Opeth for a hardcore-loving friend (a genre I personally despise) and he asked "why is he using that fake voice" during the clean parts. He also thought the acoustics were a waste of time. At least he didn't think they had two vocalists like some other clueless people...

WTF is mallcore?
Is that the same people who listen to bounce metal?

off topic: I will have to kill someone if CDon hasn't gotten my Morningrise to my mailbox by today :D

CDon does NOT like me!
I ordered 3 CDs 5 weeks ago....they were supposed to take 6 days !!! 6 DAYS MY ASS!! I received my SECOND: "your CD's are unfortunately even more late" two days ago.....argh!!

Originally posted by Lakestream
CDon does NOT like me!
I ordered 3 CDs 5 weeks ago....they were supposed to take 6 days !!! 6 DAYS MY ASS!! I received my SECOND: "your CD's are unfortunately even more late" two days ago.....argh!!

CDON is really slow...
I once ordered two cds from there and I got them two months later..
And now I have waited for Edge Of Sanity - Purgatory Afterglow for one month..

Originally posted by Opth_001
I have a friend who like all the popular metal slipknot, mudvane, one minute silence, etc. and when I play opeth for him he always looks confused. So I ask him what he thinks and he's like "uhh there alright… what's he saying"

AHHH! You had him!!! All you had to do was tell him that the growling was Mikael telling him to listen to real music, and that his current music is voided and lacking real thought. Brainwash the youth through real music...that's my motto!

Mallcore?? Hell, back in 1986, WE were mallcore! We'd walk around in our Slayer/Metallica (wince)/Venom/Bathory shirts and just hang out at the shirt shops. We were the real mallcore, but, like everything else, MTV got its hands on it.

Why does chimp metal (Korn/Limp Dicks/Kid Cock) get big? Because today's youth is bored, man! I feel for them, I really do. For Christ's sake, their hot babe today is Britney fucking Spears!!! What happened to Heather Thomas posters???

Sorry people, just venting as usual.

CDon did exactly the same thing with me...
I ordered two albums, one of them came after 2 weeks I think, the other came at least 1 1/2 month later.

I recommended Opeth for a dude, he heard a song(can't remember which), and he said: "eeeh... I don't get it, it's all soft now..."

Eh, I like pretty much all types of aggressive music, including nu-metal and hardcore, and personally, I think Opeth is quite possibly one of the most original and talented bands in the world. Their songs are pure works of musical genius. I really hate that everyone on these boards always criticizes someone for their tastes, as opposed to trying to spread the word! If you know a kid who likes radio metal, try hard to get them into this form of metal. Not everyone is afforded that chance, and I'm fucking glad that someone introduced me to the best form of metal several years ago! - n8

Opeth has it's aggressive parts, and it's melodic parts.. They are great at any rate. - n8

screw the mall metal kids, look what is happening with in flames. and there fans complain when someone like limp and in flames at teh same time. well thats what you will get if you try to spread the word, it will "attract the wrong crowd". so dont spread the word. you dont have to have millions of teens as fans to become successful(that goes to you in flames and their fans) writing good music is what success is about