Mallcore kids who refer to Opeth as gay pussy music

I haven't heard anyone who listens to nu-metal refer to Opeth as "pussy music". I think a lot of the kids who listened to nu-metal don't realize what they are listening to if they do happen to hear Opeth. They are told what is heavy and think the typical MTV bands are the heaviest bands, or they hear Slipknot(which doesn't get MTV play I hear) and think it's the heaviest thing in the world.

I don't try to force people to listen to Opeth or any other good music. Those people who are starting to get into metal will eventually start listening to good music. I don't think it is my job to go around introducing good bands to nu-metal kids so they can have something to show off and try to further their image. The music is there and always has been, and people will find good music if they look hard enough. The Internet has introduced me to so many great bands. If someone has an open mind, there is no limit to the music they can find that will satisfy them.

dude go to the in flames forum, read the "message from in flames" thread. in flames are a bunch of sellouts that are going to act surprised when they make the decision to go mainstream and the fans dont like it. They insulted the people that made them who they are. They think success is to have a broader audience and more listeners. Touring with slipknot =success to them, but i believe success is more then just having a bunch of mall metal fans.

Yeah, I forgot about those idiots badmouthing Opeth. I don't even like to think about In Flames and really have nothing to say in regards to their official statement and current direction. I liked their older stuff, and I don't like their newer stuff. I can't relate to their touring with Slipknot and don't agree with it. Therefore, I will choose not to listen to anything new they put out unless they change their mindset. Whatever, though. They can do as they please but just know that they are losing true fans and gaining temporary fans who will listen to them for the sake of being cool and keeping up with what's new.

What does it matter if someone 'badmouths' Opeth?

They either:

• Really, don't like it, or
  • Aren't giving them a chance, and being close-minded.

Are you going to hate someone for not liking what you like?

Originally posted by OpethianSoul
What's not wrong with Slipknot?

Howabout they suck and aren't even close to being metal...nice gimmick they have. If I sucked that badly, I'd wear masks too.

Man, sorry...they really, REALLY suck!

Ok, fuck you too then. I don't give a fuck if you don't want to tell anyone about Opeth. Yes, the music is there, but, it is human nature to be ignorant. Not everyone knows Opeth, or similar bands exist to seek them out. I do have a theory, the wrong crowd has been attracted. People like you. People like you will make metal die. People need to know it exists, and any fan should spread the word. The wrong crowd are the people that try to suppress a band from reaching a potentially huge audience. I introduced Opeth to someone 2 nights ago. Today, I recieved an instant message from him telling me "That band Opeth you told me about fucking rules! Incredible musicians! I am listening to Circle of Tyrants right now, it's great!" I created a fan, which supported Opeth. I see that you don't feel that it's important to do the same, and it's more important to complain and whine about the popularity of other types of music. As for In Flames, they were invited to go on tour with Slipknot because the members of Slipknot are actually fans! Guess what, the members Slipknot listen to and are influenced by Death Metal! Shit, Meshuggah just toured the US with Tool and they don't even attract the same kind of crowds! Exposing yourself to a large audience is not a crime kiddies. - n8

Originally posted by N8
Exposing yourself to a large audience is not a crime kiddies. - n8

No, but impersonating metal does constitute a crime. If you can honestly call that crap metal, then more power to you.

More power to me then... In Flames is metal despite what you think. I'm done with this bull shit post. - n8

Originally posted by N8
More power to me then... In Flames is metal despite what you think. I'm done with this bull shit post. - n8

I'm done with it as well, but for the record, I was reffering to Slipknot. I'm not crazy about the direction In Flames took, but they're more metal than Slipknot will EVER be.

That's my opinion...I'm through with this. There's never any end to it. I grew up in a different era.

My friend listens to all kinds of alterna-crap bands like Lifehouse, the Calling and such. I told him about Opeth, and he downloaded Credence, which he liked. I figured he should hear some real Opeth so I got him Blackwater Park (I know what most of you are thinking.....). So we listened to it with his brother. When Mikael started singing on The Leper Affinity, I said, I know it may sound a little odd, but don't judge it until you have heard the whole thing. By the time the piano finale rolled around, they were silent. Now my friend tells me he wants to get some other Opeth CDs. So what do you know, I guess it happens.

Originally posted by N8
Ok, fuck you too then. I don't give a fuck if you don't want to tell anyone about Opeth. Yes, the music is there, but, it is human nature to be ignorant. Not everyone knows Opeth, or similar bands exist to seek them out. I do have a theory, the wrong crowd has been attracted. People like you. People like you will make metal die. People need to know it exists, and any fan should spread the word. The wrong crowd are the people that try to suppress a band from reaching a potentially huge audience. I introduced Opeth to someone 2 nights ago. Today, I recieved an instant message from him telling me "That band Opeth you told me about fucking rules! Incredible musicians! I am listening to Circle of Tyrants right now, it's great!" I created a fan, which supported Opeth. I see that you don't feel that it's important to do the same, and it's more important to complain and whine about the popularity of other types of music. As for In Flames, they were invited to go on tour with Slipknot because the members of Slipknot are actually fans! Guess what, the members Slipknot listen to and are influenced by Death Metal! Shit, Meshuggah just toured the US with Tool and they don't even attract the same kind of crowds! Exposing yourself to a large audience is not a crime kiddies. - n8

No its fucks like you that will make metal die. yeah go ahead let everyone know about opeth who cares theyll get more publicity, is that exactly fuckin sucess though?? And it is you people that will have metal die, youll get the "wrong crowd" wanting to rap and play death metal. let all the mall metalers know who opeth are lets see how many god damn imitations we get that are pure crap. Metal is about a lot of things one of them is talent, good music. with people like you it wont be like that with those dumbass fucks called mall metalers

In my opinion, the only thing that could be bad when/if a band gets famous/big, is that it could go to their heads.

There are a lot of bands that I know (As in actually knowing the members) that wouldn't care if one person liked them, or a thousand did, as long as they could make the music they want to make, the music that they can make.

Hopefully bands like Opeth will be like this, when they get the proper recognition their music warrants.

Metallica fucked up because of this (In my opinion), that doesn't mean that others have to.

Still off topic, but I just got mail from CDon, that piece of shit netstore and it seems they can't give me a date when the CDs will arrive, what kinda business is this anyway?
I mean for fucks sake have some kind of time for the customer r you will lose em.

Hell, I think when the CDs finally arrive, I will send em mail and say "Due to unforseen problems I can't deliver the money to you, but I promise you will get it before I die"... :devil: :D

FUUUUCK :mad: :mad: :mad:

Speaking of playing Opeth for people...

I played Opeth for one of my brothers and he seemed disturbed. I bought my little brother MAYH and he likes it (he still lives with my dad) but my father has been treating me strange lately. Ever since I gave my brother the CD. He knew the name of the band I liked, but he never heard it until then. All he said a few days later was "I don't like that stuff at all. Why on earth do you?" :err: I didn't want to ATTEMPT to go there, so I dropped it.

I agree with "just getting Opeth known to the majority" isn't the key to success. Well, financial success maybe, but not true success. Metal isn't meant for everyone. No doubt about it.

"Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark.
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park."