MJR's opinion about nu-metal

Oh my god, i just won so hard that i think i came.

You can listen to whatever you want and that's cool, but there's nothing wrong with me taking my knowledge of nu metal and what it encompasses and stating that, based on these things which i know and have experienced, that there is no nu metal that interests me.

Give me one good reason why i should waste my time on a form of music that i think sucks when there is SO MUCh music out there (even in my collection) that i know i will enjoy no matter what mood i'm in?

Personally, with the review writing, if something sucks i have to say why. It's just good journalism. It would be bad journalism to say "this sucks, goodbye". However, i'm not writing a review on this forum. Saying "nu-metal sucks" in your opinion is not a discussion, but to me it is the only valid point i have in the discussion. I don't like it. Thhhheeeee EEEeeeennnnnnddddd

this is getting redundant. I'm making all the same points over and over again with different examples. I really don't know how to make it any clearer to you, and you are the only one who seems to be having trouble with this concept. Have fun sitting in the back of the class with retard joe, see the teacher after class for further instruction on the subject matter. The rest of the class is moving on.

yes there is somethign wrong with you aassuming there is no nu-metal that will interest you, and that is simply the fact that you don't know until you've heard it all, its just that simply, and its really irrefutable.

In fact I won't give you one good reason why you should waste time going on some epic search to find the one gem in a million nu-metal bands... I don't think you should, and i never said you should, i just said you shouldn't judge them until you've heard them. Until you've heard them, its all you can justify to simply have no opinion on them whatsoever. And I totally agree that you should invest in seeking out great talent in genres that you find more agreeable, but this isn't at all about what you listen to, or what you SHOULD listen to, its about how you've judged what you haven't listened to.

no on easked you to write a review, but you judged ALL nu-metal without experiencing it. This is just plain prejudice, duh.

And I understand everything you've said, I just find it very disagreable, and honestly, it shows that you really don't understand my point, so I'm going to try to sum it up in one sentence for you.

While generalizations may point you into a new direction, they also leave you in the dark as to what lies alone the paths and the at the ends of other directions, and thus you can't be certain what you are missing out on.

You know its kinda funny because we clearly agree on many things, but I just don't honestly think we are debating the same topic anymore, its become quite diluted, and you seem only concerned with telling me you hate nu-metal as a whole.

@ ray - i dont put forth arguments for you because i CANT BE BOTHERED! still it is fun to watch you run yourself in circles..

i still dont see the point in arguing about it all..arent we all entitled to our opinions, regardless of whether or not someone else agrees with them? if you want to make it your personal mission to 'enlighten' others on the path that is nu-metal so be it, there just wont be any potential converts here..

and if some of you want to call us 'closed minded' because we dont fully embrace the crap, good for you.. im happy being closed minded if it means not having to listen to it..

see you've missed the point again SR. I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO EXPERIENCE ALL THAT NU-METAL HAS TO OFFER!

And your right, i've been running circles around the opposition since this debate began.

i just don't think its necessary nor justifiable to prejudge that which you have not heard based on what you HAVE heard. That is the essence of racism, and many other flaws with our society. And yes, we are all entitled to our opinions, like Hitler figured Jews were some sort of bane on civilation and had to be exterminated because some of them happened to be good businessmen and put a few gentiles out of business.

And I am NOT trying to convert people into Nu-Metal fans... if you look back, I have said several times that I have not heard much Nu-Metal that I particulary liked, nor do I seek out Nu-Metal bands to listen to.

I infact agreed with zach that it would be better for me to look for bands that associate with other genres that have proven more entertaining to me, such as prog-rock/metal, jazz, and some classical stuff. I just won't judge the unknown as witchcraft until I see some evidence supporting that conclusion.

A few things.

1) Nu-metal is witchcraft. Those fuckers.

2) I must admit that i find it incredibly ironic that i'm writing long, essay length posts detailing exactly why i think generalities are ok. Much lulz.

3)

1168316869878.jpg

*Outstreaches arms*
C'mere ray, give me a hug. no, seriously... hugz.

A few things.

1) Nu-metal is witchcraft. Those fuckers.

*Outstreaches arms*
C'mere ray, give me a hug. no, seriously... hugz.

you seem to be mocking me, but i don't really have anything personal against you so I won't take this stand off outside this thread, but I'm not gonna hug you, I have no idea where you've been, or if you've bathed.:p

as for your first comment, wow... anyway that basicly shows me its not worth debating with you anymore so I hereby retire from this thread regardless of whether or not I finally got through to you folks.

you seem to be mocking me, but i don't really have anything personal against you so I won't take this stand off outside this thread, but I'm not gonna hug you, I have no idea where you've been, or if you've bathed.

refer to off-topic thread about zachs current case of headlice :lol:

honestly i dont even read 90% of the posts here, i scroll through em to find the shortest reply and scan it to see if its the same as the others.. usually it is :lol:

i actually wasn't mocking you in the least. Even you have to admit that nu-metal is something unholy, and not in the awesome black metal way.

This is a post on teh intarnet, so it will lack all inflection. oh well, take my word. I got nothing personal either. Like i said, it's the internet, and my arguements are purely for something to keep me entertained. You're a good sport, though COMPLETELY wrong :lol:

Oh kay oh kay, i'll be good.

OH MY GOD!!!!!! according to wikipedia i own some nu metal cd's (coal chamber, disturbed, godsmack). shit, i should go out and shoot myself but that would be a waste of a perfectly good bullet. does that mean you all hate me now?

Nu-metal doesn't come close to annoying me more than techno.

:worship: :worship: An excellent point my friend!!! :kickass: :kickass:

Techno is an abomination on the art of music...

OH MY GOD!!!!!! according to wikipedia i own some nu metal cd's (coal chamber, disturbed, godsmack). shit, i should go out and shoot myself but that would be a waste of a perfectly good bullet. does that mean you all hate me now?

Yep. :D

wtf? I'm rarely visiting this forum anymore and now I do.. and I see some thread I made in 2003 resurrected? Crazy folks! :loco:

anyway, back when I created that thread I didn't like nu-metal one bit. Now I realise not everything is that bad:

Sevendust
Disturbed
Sepultura/Soufly

I'm NOT listing System of a Down, Tool or Fear Factory because they're way too original to be called nu-metal.

about techno - i actually dont hate it.. proper techno that is, not the shitty house music they try to pass of as it in most clubs..not that i would buy it or even listen to it in my own time, but when i hear it i can appreciate it.. its not like metal, youre not supposed to look for intricacies in it, or be awed over the musicianship.. its designed to just 'feel' the beat and move your body to it.. why its popular in drug circles..

^ no im not.. trance is also popular in drug circles though..

EDIT: trance i dont like though.. excuse me.. ive never heard any trance that ive liked yet.. just doesnt seem to be anything really to it..

kind of like drone doom. horrible music. some people swear by it though so... good for them.

back when i was in high school many years ago, i was THE nu metal kid. Not proud of it, but i was way into korn, limp bizkit (i even had the red fred durst yankees hat), kid rock.... ugh.