most overrated band in the history of forever?

The Beatles are not overrated. Not really. Just, their image is.

I think punk rock is overrated.

Come on.. walk around your city and ask 100 random people if they like the Beatles, 95 will say yes. Punk rock you'll be luck to get 5.

I'll be waiting the results and your obeisance at my feet

Guns N' Roses. No, seriously. Axl Rose is a dick, almost every album is mediocre except for Appetite for Destruction, and Slash is generally overrated because he has a big fuckin' hat. Their main redeeming quality is the St. Louis riot.

Goodness! You hit the nail right on the head with that statement, buddy. I can't stand GNR, and I can't stand Slash. He is one of the most overrated, generic guitar players of all time.

Come on.. walk around your city and ask 100 random people if they like the Beatles, 95 will say yes. Punk rock you'll be luck to get 5.

I'll be waiting the results and your obeisance at my feet

Yeah, sure, they like the Beatles. But they wouldn't be able to name, say, five tracks off Rubber Soul. Something like that. The Beatles are fucking badass, anyone who says otherwise is trying to be rebellious and anti-society and misanthropic for no credible reason and fails hideously.

Same thing goes, to a lesser extent, for... say... Bob Marley. Yes, they like the image. Yes, they know he smoked weed. It's often overlooked that he had a profound effect on the history of the Jamaican and Afrocentric world, was heralded as a Prophet of the Rasta Movement, etc. etc. etc.

People can say "oh yeah, the beatles, peace, free love, Across the Universe." Fuck you! They don't know who the fuck George Harrison is. Half the U.S.'s Marley fans ain't heard of Peter Tosh. So when I say the image is overrated but the band is tragically misunderstood and underrated, I mean it.

To you guys slagging 'no talent' bands Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd:

I can't believe you missed slagging the most obvious 'no talent' band.
Of course I am speaking of the BEATLES!

Bitches.

P.S. My suspicion is y'all the same punkasses who give Metallica's Black Album 4 stars on www.rateyourmusic.com
well of course pink floyd had much talent and were an excelent band, but everyone knows about them and The Dark Side Of The Moon, while bands like King Crimson or Jethro Tull, which in my opinion are even better, are known only to prog music fans.

anyway i agree about Dragonforce (i forgot them before!) and AC/DC. If they did only one song I could apprieciate them but all the songs sound the same :erk:
If you haven't already, check the "Dragonforce Greatest Hits" video on youtube :lol:

That's funny, Metallica is one of the few metal bands i'd actually use the word "exciting" to describe.

Anyway, when someone says they like Metallica, they're probably talking about black album onwards which is just shitty.

-Tool is definetely not overrated these days. 7 out of 10 people usually hate them and call them pretentious, boringass, music for teens, etc.

-Meshuggah is not overrated, they get some praise but it’s not unanimous. They tend to annoy a shitload of people actually.

-AC/DC is a kick ass band, they always do the same shit but it’s always quality stuff. They deserve the love that they get imo.

-Rolling Stones has some great songs, as well as some painfully bad ones. A good band overall, but I agree that they are totally overrated.

-Kiss is a very competent hard rock band and Ace Frehley had an amazing tone, but I’ll agree that they are overrated.

-Arctic Monkeys blow

-Led Zeppelin, Rush and Pink Floyd aren't overrated, get a life.