most overrated band in the history of forever?

the only reason people in this forum would regard 10,000 Days as a shit album is because they all had their panties wet after Lateralus and couldn't wait for their next proggy atmospheric album. Now, I'm a pretty fucking big tool fan myself...but what's up with all these fucking expectations?! If you wanted lengthy epic tool...you got Rosetta Stoned and 10,000 Days. If you wanted the whole kickass angry Tool you got The Pot and Vicarious. If you wanted 10,000 Days Tool you got Jambi and Right In Two. If you wanted innovation and pushing boundaries..you got Intension.

What is the problem?

nope, i heard lateralus, and thought it was pretty shitty altogether, except for maybe a part of a song or two, and then i heard 10 000 days, it was awful

sorry for responding so late but this thread took off

nope, i heard lateralus, and thought it was pretty shitty altogether, except for maybe a part of a song or two, and then i heard 10 000 days, it was awful

sorry for responding so late but this thread took off

well thats fine
if you dont like them you dont like them

my post was directed towards everyone that sucked Lateralus' dick and then got 10,000 Days, and entirely missed the point of the album and cried over how its too short or too commercial or some bullshit like that.

So much overrated bands out there.
The Beatles, Guns n Roses...well any commercial bands are overrated.

Band? there are too many and I can't seem to narrow it down at this time. But I will say this, that Jimi Hendrix is the most overated guitar player of all times.

Many of the bands people are mentioning I would describe as an acquired taste. A lot of my favourite bands I actually disliked when I first heard them, and it took a while before I got around to actually liking them.

Also: Enslaved? I always thought they were severely under-rated. Hardly anybody who should like them seems to have heard them.

Is anyone else sick of myopic, pusillanimous poltroons who think they're being all hard and dark by farting out witless inanities like "anything commercial is overrated"? I mean, why not just walk around 24/7 with a giant, neon "Jackass" sign flashing above your head?! It's the only possible way of outing yourself as an utter fucktard any quicker!

Still, I suppose I really should pity dolts like this rather than loathe them. After all, they're the ones who have to stumble through life missing out on soooooo much cool shit just so they can prove to the world how much more "metal" they are than anyone else! Pheeeeuuuuwwww... :puke:

This just in, zippy, fucking phenomenal, so-called "commercial music" (taking your definition of "commercial" to mean anything with the merest suggestion of melody that's sold more than a hundred copies) is all around us, and has greatly influenced most of the musicians you purport to admire. Mikael loves stuff like Vangelis and the Scorpions, for crissakes, as well as the Beatles! Freakin' RECOGNIZE already! Of course, there's no shortage of "commercial" :rolleyes: music that truly sucks ass, just as there's definitely no shortage of lame-ass death metal. Ass-sucking is an equal-opportunity concept that favors no one genre (with the possible exception of rap). Every once in a while, try sucking your head out of that enormous bucket of sand you carry with you wherever you go and DARE to check out something different for a change! Challenge yourself every now and then, you may just surprise yourself... or not. :Smug:

This said, NO band in history has ever been more publicly and critically overrated than Nirvana. Comparisons after his death of Cobain to John Lennon are as fucked up as comparing a blowjob from Jessica Alba to a jackboot to the junk from Hillary Clinton!