New anathema album, first impressions

as I found in EU: "Digital private copy: "reproductions on audio, visual or audio-visual digital recording media made by a natural person for private and strictly personal use and for non-commercial ends, without prejudice to operational, reliable and effective technical means capable of protecting the interests of the rightholders for all digital private copying, however, fair compensation for all rightholders must be provided". This exception is currently applied in Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, The Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and Sweden. In any case, this exception does not grant a right to make private copies, and rightholders will still be in position to limit private copying by means of anti-copying devices." and "Under the proposed law, the online swapping of copyrighted music files for free would be outlawed, but consumers would be allowed to make a limited number of copies for private use. The Directive also provides legal protection to the use of anti-copying devices." - its similar to ours as saying that ppl can have mp3s but cannot share them to the public.

I DONT advertise copying at all, just wrote it cos i found the expression "thief" a bit rough and much american, and i already had a big mac today to make me puke.

i talked about Hungary.. which I know the best but i think lots others have similar laws. It doesnt mean that there are no copyright laws!! It means something like "fair use" in US terms but more fair :) Thats the reason why ppl play high taxes on every digital media from DVDR to Compact Flash cards.. Its e.g. the same as with casettes and casettes-tax in UK. Its good I think cos it decriminalizes millions of ppl while gets money from empty cds. You know: laws are made of agreements of society not ideals. :)

Electricity sounds like a Silent Hill 2 song... well, this awesome game is one of my favorites, it has better stories than most of the movies out there...

And in Pulled under... (at certain times) Vinnie sounds like Simen(Vortex) from Borknagar in the song 'Colossus', from the album Quintessence. :)
I'm serious. :)

-pulled_under_at_2000_meters_a_second has got a silent enigma beat to it...'retro'...

ive got the album on mp3,and that makes me sick,so i cant really listen to it carefully,i will buy it and than give it a good session.

but it sounds decent,different.

Conserning this upcoming album, some peeps were worried about the promotion (or the lack of), so it suprised me to hear from my mate, that they had played some new song on radio here in finland, one of the biggest station even. Pretty nice, me thinks. I've still yet to find out which song it was, but from the description of my friend, I'd guess twas Are You There...

"borknagar?

dear lord, what are we gonna hear about next? mc hammer influences?"

1. i guess you haven't checked it. i checked it once again and certain parts still reminds me of Simen
2. mc hammer is nowhere compared to Borknagar

"I've been doing a lot of unexpected work with KATATONIA. They've come off this really fancy recording in one of Sweden's biggest studios called Soundtrade, where EUROPE has recorded, big bands. They called me one night and they were having problems because the sound they were getting there was far worse than we were getting when we were working together, and they were paying big bucks! So they asked me if I could help them to beef up the drums and the guitars because they were sounding really bad."

:lol:

coldwave said:
"borknagar?

dear lord, what are we gonna hear about next? mc hammer influences?"

1. i guess you haven't checked it. i checked it once again and certain parts still reminds me of Simen
2. mc hammer is nowhere compared to Borknagar
i have the song (that one and are you there? are the only ones i've dowloaded so far) and i can't see the connection. i mean, it's black metal ffs! anyways, didn't wanna sound offensive or anything but it's kinda wierd comparing anathema with borknagar...

I've dowloaded the entire album but finally I've just listened to "Harmonium" and "are you there", I prefer to wait the official release. I'm very proud of me :tickled:
these two songs are really great. that's right there is some Gathering mood in "harmonium", but Anathema style remains unique. I don't know another bands who sounds like it.

damn can't wait 20th october !

ps: my english is crap, I know :erk:

sol83 said:
i have the song (that one and are you there? are the only ones i've dowloaded so far) and i can't see the connection. i mean, it's black metal ffs! anyways, didn't wanna sound offensive or anything but it's kinda wierd comparing anathema with borknagar...

ok, it was just an impression. btw its only one certain part and borknagar's colossus is a really majestic song with greatgreat vocals by Simen

mehdi.i.e.e.e said:
"I've been doing a lot of unexpected work with KATATONIA. They've come off this really fancy recording in one of Sweden's biggest studios called Soundtrade, where EUROPE has recorded, big bands. They called me one night and they were having problems because the sound they were getting there was far worse than we were getting when we were working together, and they were paying big bucks! So they asked me if I could help them to beef up the drums and the guitars because they were sounding really bad."

:lol:
please elaborate