New anathema album, first impressions

Yeah Danny, that's one of the reasons I won't download it, it's really hard but I'm waiting till the release date, it's way cooler to go to a cd shop and have a brand new cd in your hands of your favourite band. It's just not the same when you download them.
What Sol said is correct though, I'm pretty sure everyone on the forum here will just buy the cd (even though most already downloaded it) and it's not us who should be blamed but journalists...

aye. they have 90% of the fuckin' promos so they do most of the damage. but you can't just say i won't send you one, cos they'll start talkin' shit about you and fuck your name. it's fucked up either way... :(

Cerulean said:
Yeah Danny, that's one of the reasons I won't download it, it's really hard but I'm waiting till the release date, it's way cooler to go to a cd shop and have a brand new cd in your hands of your favourite band. It's just not the same when you download them.
and the mp3 file quality is far different than the cd audio quality

i think you should go out for concerts and make a buck. the best way to promote a cd is on stage, if you care for the sales its ok, but i think for a big market boost therell be needed nothing less than a miracle.how are you doing in england sales?

the change of direction is always a risk of loosing old fans and not gaining a single or the opposite, floyd themselves had five records which you may say differ eachother, but didnt evolve like you guys.

pagan2002 said:
yeah. next time you wonder why anathema are poor and cannot sustain themsleves financially, look at your download files and then buy youselves a nice bar of chocolate.
u r not the most poor guy...
i am poor as well
and because i am poor i cant buy an album which costs, and finally i wont like it.
so for me the best way is to download it first listen to it, and then buy if it worths.
i got thousand of cds and i think for me thats the best way to chose the right one, in order not to waste my money.

Imagine no one up- or downloaded "The Disaster" before it is released. This would really mean that Anathema are dead, they aren´t. It tells you something about popularity.

Another problem with Anathema is that they are still "rated" a metal-band. But with "Eternity" (9 years ago) it changed as we all know... But still they are sitting in the same boat on that little parched ocean with nowhere to go...

i hardly ever download full albums cause i got a crap connection and im not arsed spending 6 hours downloading every track to get an album..

Anyone read the latest huge Swanö interview?
>>
I just read this, someone was complaining about MP3s and kids downloading shit from the internet, his music. And someone said this guy recorded that song with cracked software, and wrote a letter of complaint on a cracked operating system with a Microsoft product he didn't buy. That is so true. People don't pay for software they use in their daily lives, but as soon as someone's downloading something, it's such a big thing. I don't make a big fuss that I have some software that is not paid for. I have the luxury of getting it for free through my job. There are so many people out there that are complaining about things but they are doing the same thing to other forms, other kinds in the industry but they don't give a fuck about that. They download plug-ins from the internet then complain that people rip their CDs. It's one big fucking mess! It's only the one hundred percent honest people, which I don't think is really existing anymore, that should be able to be picky about that stuff. Everybody is a bit illegal…

Mariner said:
you should see my cd collection. no single copy, no mp3 cds (except songs i ripped from me own cds) nothing. oh yeah just bootlegs. but thats fair cause it doesnt hurt sales.

ive mp3s on me pc tho, but theyre from artists i would never buy a cd from (like 1 or 2 songs i like that theyve made, no full cds)

and im proud i can say im honest. i think no one among you can say the same. is it?
I can :cool: I don't have a single song on mp3 since I don't even have a computer at home. Of my 500 cds or so, only one or two is cd-r and I have honest intentions of buying the real thing as soon as my financial status lets me. Even if I had the opportunity (programs) to download this new Anathema, I wouldn't 'cause it wouldn't be the same as gettin the proper release. From the shop. On the release date. With the booklet and stuff. And popping it in for the first time.

And peeps complaining about how they don't wanna take the change with cds they haven't heard much before, how the hell did you do it before all this net crap? I remember very clearly spending quite some time in the shops listening to the album I was thinking of buying, before I bought it. Haven't gone wrong with the albums I chose to buy, well, not too many times at least. Besides, I like to suprise myself from time to time with an album I haven't heard much before. To me, some bands are just worth of buying their latest album blind.

ok. rant over.

Mariner said:
you should see my cd collection. no single copy, no mp3 cds (except songs i ripped from me own cds) nothing. oh yeah just bootlegs. but thats fair cause it doesnt hurt sales.

ive mp3s on me pc tho, but theyre from artists i would never buy a cd from (like 1 or 2 songs i like that theyve made, no full cds)

and im proud i can say im honest. i think no one among you can say the same. is it?

sure. no one is as pure as you.
does that mean that you did not download the new anathema album?

alejandro said:
Anyone read the latest huge Swanö interview?
>>
I just read this, someone was complaining about MP3s and kids downloading shit from the internet, his music. And someone said this guy recorded that song with cracked software, and wrote a letter of complaint on a cracked operating system with a Microsoft product he didn't buy. That is so true. People don't pay for software they use in their daily lives, but as soon as someone's downloading something, it's such a big thing. I don't make a big fuss that I have some software that is not paid for. I have the luxury of getting it for free through my job. There are so many people out there that are complaining about things but they are doing the same thing to other forms, other kinds in the industry but they don't give a fuck about that. They download plug-ins from the internet then complain that people rip their CDs. It's one big fucking mess! It's only the one hundred percent honest people, which I don't think is really existing anymore, that should be able to be picky about that stuff. Everybody is a bit illegal…
haha, very good point, but it doesn't work for anathema...

aplus.gif

(Forgot to mention that in my country having copies of any artistic thing -except of buildings- from any source is completely legal. Its not even backup copy theme, you dont need to have originals, u can get it anyhow. This "thieving downloaders" stuff is quite american shit imho.. though I dont know the exact EU laws...)