New anathema album, first impressions

Well, for me this album is really really good!
Much betteragain then FINE DAY TO EXIT.

VIOLENCE simply RULES!! What a great song.
Anyway, I also felt in love with some other songs, ARE YOU THERE? for example which is really cool.

I have to buy this one again .. hehehe, I didnt bought fiNE DAY, although I have all other cds of them. But the new one I really like :)

SoundMaster said:
Now this is more like it!
Now I'm really excited!!!

However, being that you've stated you actually like "Lights Out", our tastes may be really different.....
I wonder why Soundmaster is putting so much energy into ripping Lights Out? Thats a few comments already on this thread alone. Im not arsed like, I dont make my music for bedroom metal enthusiasts anyway, I must be on the right track

Andy_2003 said:
hey that's interesting cos that's what it reminded me of too, the singing in the heavy parts..

and gitars and echoes in singing .

compare Bleating and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream..
with freedom is only a hallucination...

This song really really rocks

electricity? i think it's vincent...

btw:

i love violence - the guitar work is awesome.

also like pulled me under... damn dynamic!

of course i like flying, electricity and.... i love it all! it's different but damn good!

NP: pulled me under

godless said:
electricity? i think it's vincent...

btw:

i love violence - the guitar work is awesome.

also like pulled me under... damn dynamic!

of course i like flying, electricity and.... i love it all! it's different but damn good!

NP: pulled me under

Hmmm I'm quite sure it's Danny singing on Electricity. Whatever, Violence is indeed an amazing track with outstanding guitar work :)

Vocoder means life. Nice album. It should be named like this though - ()

Eheh...

fightred.gif

Ordered the album...hope it's a Digi...

Dark and slow like... garage sound and distortion always gives me this strange feeling between my legs, but that's not necessary.

Both Crestfallen and TSE are pretty doom like to me...

i think he significantly changed his perception for proper doom through the years :)

Mick Moss said:
I wonder why Soundmaster is putting so much energy into ripping Lights Out? Thats a few comments already on this thread alone. Im not arsed like, I dont make my music for bedroom metal enthusiasts anyway, I must be on the right track

It doesn't take much energy to do so, to be honest.

But in all seriousness, I usually do that with albums that are 'let downs', in my point of view.
"Saviour" was one of the best releases of the last half-decade. I find "LO" to be simply 'lacking'. Simple as that.

But, heck, if you dislike honesty, I can tell you what you want to hear?!

ps....the Ad Hom attacks are silly, to be sure. Verbal jabs directed towards someone who expresses an opinion contrary to yours is juvenile. And, out of respect, I disn't go into the Antimatter forum and post this comment.
So much for integrity & honesty around here, huh?!!
Why do you even care what one fan says about the record, anyway?
There are plenty of others here who praise it...