New anathema album, first impressions

Dhatura said:
Nocturnal pleasures... mind you, in Greece I always went to bed before 11 :)
what? i think sleeping early in greece is a fellony.

seriously now, if you go to some vacation place during the summer, restaurants are empty till 10. everybody goes out for dinner after that time. some even after midnight. i mean, dinner at 7? get real.

SoundMaster said:
LOL!

The latest Kat & Gathering records literally piss all over "Lights Out". This is fact, not simply an opinion. ;)

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.
And move on....
I wish it was a fact, then at least I'd have some decent modern albums to listen to.

I'm worried about Anathema incorporating some "heavier" elements on the new album... I just hope it doesn't turn out like Katatonia's latest abomination.

"Souveniers" is brilliant.

'Pulled Under at 2000 meters a second is like a song cradle of filth would write. Just throwing more wood to the the fire. Hehe
But really forget about me. Im a sad bastard :)
Buy the album and i hope you like it. I like some songs and is in fact as Danny said "an ok album". Still, i always hope for more coming from the lads.

sorry, SoundMaster! I just think it's missing the fragile weakness that I love in Katatonia's music... there's nothing that approaches a "TEARgas" or "Darkness Coming' on VE... I think the increased heaviness sacrifices many of the things that makes recent Katatonia great

Dhatura said:
Sometimes you scare me too with those long MSN names of yours such as "T - h - o - r - t - y - i - r, Moon Around The Earth Summerbreeze Festival 2003 KICKS ASS I'll be there, lovely" :D
:lol::lol::lol: Hahaha, I try to be as explicit as it needs... ;)

Dhatura said:
To all offended by my sentence about The Gathering: OF COURSE, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC, AS IN THE MAJOR PART OF MY POST I WAS TALKING AGAINST JUDGING AN ALBUM ON SUCH A NONEXISTING BASE AS HAVING LISTENED TO ONE TRACK OF IT AND ONLY ONCE OR NOT EVEN THAT.

Is it clear enough now?

Kisses to you all :loco: (flash) * s a r c a s m * (flash) * s a r c a s m * (flash) * s a r c a s m *
That's why I guessed... I was just asking... :erk: No problem with you dear Maqus ;) Hugs and kisses to Hungary... :D

But as you all know

Arguing.jpg

ProgMetalFan said:
I'm worried about Anathema incorporating some "heavier" elements on the new album... I just hope it doesn't turn out like Katatonia's latest abomination.

"Souveniers" is brilliant.
I'm quite sure it won't, and I'm happy to see Anathema back to some heaviness in a way.
Anathema is the only "metal" (if we can still say "metal") band that my friends listen to. It will be a good opportunity for them to fall into the dark side.

i have my very first impressions.. so it might change soon..

this album is rather triphop, mood music or even pop, progrock, whatever but not metal. I dont say its wrong.. u know, just what the hell are we doin at ultimatMETAL.com?? Anathema is almost MTV-ready now.

But I do like it! As long as I like any blue sad dark stuff, its good. especially track 6. its just what we can expect from them, not less, not more, a new one. I recommend it to ppl who like the previous album. I think its kindof sequel. And not lukewarm at all :)

though some songs are simply boring for me.. just as some were on previous albums.. im very picky ;)

Track six is ace!! (and its even metal!) :headbang: