New anathema album, first impressions

eh the first 2 there, tragicus and soundmaster. you gave me plenty of reasons for not believing you. so yeah. im still quite sure that this one will be a masterpiece.

Mariner said:
eh the first 2 there, tragicus and soundmaster. you gave me plenty of reasons for not believing you. so yeah. im still quite sure that this one will be a masterpiece.
Well, if you read the posts, you'll see that I, too, have NOT heard the record, and was asking the other fella about it. I've only heard "Are You There".

Reading can be pretty cool, sometimes, dude.

SoundMaster said:
Well, if you read the posts, you'll see that I, too, have NOT heard the record, and was asking the other fella about it. I've only heard "Are You There".

Reading can be pretty cool, sometimes, dude.

People are just pissed at you for not liking "Lights Out", that's not very likeable arround here. And frankly, not very understandable either.

yeah, and saying 'at least we have katatonia & the gathering' is like saying that all the rest is shite, while katatonia latest one is pretty much shite.
thats my opinion. but your comments appeal not be smart imo. and im pissed now so beware.

the tv channel is called al djazeera, its another word, not that i know what it means. and i dunno if theyre independant or not, i havent any real interest in that channel :eek:

Thortyir said:
Are you sarcastic? Or are you really serious? Sometimes you scare me... :ill:

Sometimes you scare me too with those long MSN names of yours such as "T - h - o - r - t - y - i - r, Moon Around The Earth Summerbreeze Festival 2003 KICKS ASS I'll be there, lovely" :D

To all offended by my sentence about The Gathering: OF COURSE, I WAS BEING SARCASTIC, AS IN THE MAJOR PART OF MY POST I WAS TALKING AGAINST JUDGING AN ALBUM ON SUCH A NONEXISTING BASE AS HAVING LISTENED TO ONE TRACK OF IT AND ONLY ONCE OR NOT EVEN THAT.

Is it clear enough now?

Kisses to you all :loco: (flash) * s a r c a s m * (flash) * s a r c a s m * (flash) * s a r c a s m *

like somone posted, don't make hasty judgements. i'll listen to the album at least 4-5 times before i post something. even more now, cos from what i've read, it's not an easy album. it needs time since it probably is the most experimental thing anathema have done since this day.

but i'm already happy for the fact that anathema once again changed their style and didn't play it "safe" by recording one last goodbye II or trying to repeat masterworks like eternity or a4. it takes balls to be different (but nontheless great) every time. and they probably won't like these weird sounds at them metal mags and zines but who cares. anathema have (evidently) not sold out to anyone. rock on!

oh, and gathering's work since they droped the metal thing (somewhere around nighttime era) has been ten times better. souvenirs is ace.

Mariner said:
yeah, and saying 'at least we have katatonia & the gathering' is like saying that all the rest is shite, while katatonia latest one is pretty much shite.
thats my opinion. but your comments appeal not be smart imo. and im pissed now so beware.

LOL!

The latest Kat & Gathering records literally piss all over "Lights Out". This is fact, not simply an opinion. ;)

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.
And move on....

SoundMaster said:
LOL!

The latest Kat & Gathering records literally piss all over "Lights Out". This is fact, not simply an opinion. ;)

Read it. Believe it. Accept it.
And move on....

There is NOTHING wrong with "Lights Out", it pisses on "saviour" from a great height, and can't understand why so many people in this post don't appreciate it's beauty!!