New anathema album, first impressions

What's with the Katatonia bashing? I was definately not hoping for Discouraged Ones pt.4 with the new album. They've beaten that path and it was time to move on. Simple as that.

As for the recent Anathema, the first song reminds me of Everything In It's Right Place. At least in the beginning. Also, Closer + vocoder = boss!

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
Also, Closer + vocoder = boss!

So damn right. I was a bit confused the first times I played that song. Well not confused, let's say surprised. But indeed it does fit the atmosphere of the song really well. Shit, it's so dark, I mean this progression and all o_O

"I think it's hightly disrespectful", to put this thread on the bands official forum before the release date. LOL

are you there and harmonium are average songs i think. balance is good but closer is awful.. im downloading other songs and im very disappointed.

listening to it right now, what can i say... sounds really strange... Flying is really a great song...

It's very interesting this album, what I can say is that they are great songs, but it doesn't flow like judgement did, but i can't be sure about it yet, but I'm quite sure that whether it flows brilliantly or not, it's a great album with great songs on it

but i don't think that danny's cousin (if she sings in natural disaster) is a genius... i mean she's good, but something in her voice bothers me...dunno