New Songs "DISCUSSION ONLY" thread

jeanreno said:
This Provenance album is pretty damn great. At least something good came from this.
recordings_61.jpg

:)

from what i heard, baying of the hounds will be cool too and I also found it better than tgc with a more mayh style!

so I rank the 3 songs I heard like this:

1.ghost of perdition ( i listened to it the whole day and i'm still not tired. it could be one of my favorite of all times)
2. baying of the hounds (didn't hear the whole song but sounds really good but the rip is horrible)
3. the grand conjuration

Won't this album leak already?

If it's going to leak I would rather listen to good quality rips rather than this song by song radio rips it's driving me nuts.

around 6:30 when there's that really heavy rythmic riff, he uses the bloodbath style vocals again...
I wonder if this will be a continuing theme throughout the album?

My Still Life said:
Won't this album leak already?

If it's going to leak I would rather listen to good quality rips rather than this song by song radio rips it's driving me nuts.

I think this rip originates from the roadrunner records site. I prefer the quality of the RealPlayer stream captured there over the mp3 I found online. They may be from the same source, but the mp3 seems a bit flat while the rp stream is much brighter and sharper. Same goes for the TGC versions out there.

they should really move up the release date, I don't want to hear any more of these low quality rips. I know the label is responsible for distributing these streams, but if I were in the band, I wouldn't be too happy about this track by track release stuff, I'd want people to hear the whole album at once. I know it's not going to happen, but I can dream that they'll move it up...

I agree. If I were Opeth I wouldn't be so happy about the fans getting low quality leaks over the internet to ruin the moment of listening to the album for the first time. And of course, I will be one of those fans taking advantage of every leak. :oops: