Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hyena said:
i'm still happy about it tho. :p

nf: freezing. it's 4° C which is totally unheard of here at this time of the year. i'll probably turn to ice tonight since i didn't have the time to pick up my washed duvet so i have light coverlets.
:ill: yesterday morning it was 4°C on the train (or at least it felt like that :p my morning train is always the coldest place ever)and -6°C outside. this morning i looked out of the window and i was so happy that holidays started. it would have been hard to convince my feet and fingers to come with me on the train again :err:

NF: today i use a lot of smilies

I've been at home-home for less than one day, and it wont take long until I'm climbing on the walls. :yell: And to make it even better, my minidisc player seems to be dead. Crap. All my cds are in Gothenburg. I'll have to loot my brother's record shelf to see if he still have any of those cds he copied from me.

nf: bah. got home intending to go to the gym then got depressed because of the cold and trashed the idea. so am now basically wasting time. need to wash hair, cook dinner, find something to do.

NF: much better than the past couple of days, i just received an email that brightened my night. :)

NF: SCARED TO DEATH. I felt something brushing my arm, I thought it was a bug or something I looked and there was nothing there. I scratched, no more brushing, Then I fucking felt it agian, then my knife rack fell over BANG. It's like something out of a bad slasher movie. Im going to bed, away from this haunted place :ill:

@kc: i was about to go to sleep and now you scared me to death. but i will fight it recalling the silly circumstance of my kitchen clock falling off the wall and, apparently, flying towards rahvin. that's what he said, i was in the other room. :lol:

apparently, someone had a tad too much to drink. :p

NF: my eye hurts a bit, and i have to go out and do a load of things, which i don't feel like doing. but i guess that's better than staying in and feeling i have nothing to do.

NF: proper tired. Last night there was a gale so strong my house was swaying. I had one of those 'freak out' sort of nights. Anyway, no sleep... today I go to do my paper round and the wind was even stronger, at times It was blowing me around, nearly taking me off my feet. had to be 80+ Mph. Scary shit. Now I have earache because of this damnable gale.

Soz to scare you Hyena. :p It seems pretty funny when I look back on it.

nf: still quite cold, but at least tomorrow is the last workday in a while and then i get the marvel of six days off in a row :rolleyes:

i've been reading on several subjects during these slow, boring days at work. i didn't spend enough time on each of them to really figure anything out. it's going to be a steep, tough start of the year, but i need to keep focused and to have discipline. more of it.

now here's to why i'm a psychopath exactly:

at work, i am a part of a cool division of the research department. everyone is quite young, we are pretty much a bunch of nerds, get along well, and more importantly i have a shitload of time for personal research. i'm writing a lot, i might be publishing something quite soon.

on the downside, we have no exposure (which is also why we have time to ourselves - freedom with a price). other parts of the research department are closer to the big issues - say, those who do monetary economics are involved in the process of setting interest rates at the european level, have high level liasons with goverment etc. we are statisticians and microeconomists so basically nobody gives a fuck about us. our offices are also in a secluded corner of the building - quiet, relaxed and totally off the charts.

so the other day one of the major bigshots appeared in said corridor, to everyone's surprise. he was accompanied by a couple of secretaries and tech people. we curiously stare. the guy walks around like he owns the place, doesn't even greet most people (i get the hello myself because i am teh fun kid that everyone is nice to in a world of older and arguably less fun people, but that's beside the point) and proceeds to survey the rooms. apparently he's been made head of a smaller office along with the big division he already has and is looking to place his new minions where we currently reside.

i follow the events with mild fascination - i so like determination and this guy basically oozes don't-cross-me-or-else. i'm not attracted to him per se so the impact was far lesser than it would have otherwise been, but i still liked the air of authority and the utter contempt for anyone who was not important to his plans at the moment. don't get me wrong, i wouldn't act that way if i had the chance, and i will even go as far as saying that i disapprove of arrogance... but i enjoy the displays of power.

now, this is not news to me. always been like this. but during successive talks with my nerd colleagues about the issue (after all we would be left without a home) i realized that it's the first time that i actually enjoy watching someone who lays the groundwork for something that will eventually damage me. i don't like this - one thing is liking the bad guy in the movies, one thing is wanting to clap because someone's being all tough on me. eh well.

on a completely unrelated point, i have crazy mates. i asked one of them "are there any non-sexual images or ideas that make you think of sex nevertheless?" and he answered "werewolves". i didn't understand whether he thinks they are real or not, but he just might. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.