Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NF: Bummed

Well, I'm bummin' big time right now. The subject title pretty much gives it away. :cry:

Last Saturday night the unthinkable (heh, inevitable?) happened in about a 4 foot area between the bar and the stage at Nite Cap in Chicago. Anyone who's been there should know that small deadly space. :rolleyes:

Anyhoo, there I was getting some decent shots of Gorgasm when a very small crowd of skinhead pitters started to get out of hand. Couple that with me neglecting to wrap the camera strap around my wrist and there you have two ingredients of a disaster recipe in place. So, to cut to the skinny, one of the skinhead guys whacked my arm as I had it raised for a nice portrait shot of one of the band members and the camera was subsequently knocked out of my hand. It goes flying toward the stage and eventually gravity takes it crashing down to the floor. The lens piece (the glass) was never recovered, only what was left of the camera itself and a couple of thin plastic and metal (lens) discs were found when some feet cleared out of the way.

I took it pretty well considering that spelled the end for any Disinter pics that night. I didn't bitch the guy out because it was really mostly my fault for being so careless as to forget to wrist strap, which I have been doing every time since I bought it, except last Saturday. :\

I'm always dropping things but this was cleary one of those freak moments that could have been avoided. All of my past SLR cameras have been laid to rest after being dropped, so when I bought the digital from BB I made sure to get the Account Shield for just such an occurence as this. Ten months ago I felt that the Account Shield was a good idea and it definitely was a good idea because this little accident would not have been covered under the regular warranty. Also, since I purchased a discontinued Sony model (Cyber-shot P71), and the fact that I haven't finished paying for it, the extra coverage is now going to get me a brand spanking new P72 model, with audio capability! Now will I not only be able to get the image, I will also have the capability of recording some of the fab in-between-song banter! :devil: I can't wait. Only thing is I won't have the new one in time for this weekend's Milwaukee MetalFest. I know I probably could not get it in anyway, but I still would have liked to have had it available. Damn.

Oh yeah, as for the Gorgasm pics, I think I have about 20 or so on the memory stick but no way of getting them off of it right now. The camera completely died. It was so sad. It died a \m/etal death though. :p

NF: worried for laughing with RealPain's jokes. :lol: :erk: :cry:
:p

Random thought of the day: i realized i'd buy a cd over a lipstick anytime, i must be a disgrace to the women's species. :D

I've never bought makeup with my own money, if that cheers you up

NF: enjoying the last couple of hours before i have to work 3-12 :bah:

I used to buy a lot of makeup, until I realised I have much more than I need. So now I've stopped, and I'm buying CDs and clothes. More often CDs though.

Qsilver's job first sounded... hehe. :p My odd sense of humor.

@wildfyr: :/ Too bad about your camera. Hopefully, nothing like that will happen again.

@Violet: Now i feel relieved :D

@RH: Yes, a sweet one.
Like those done by razors.... :rolleyes: :p

@mouse: that's what crossed my mind too i guess that makes 2 of us with a weird sense of humour now. :D

@Ben: *pat pat* :D

@VC: I'm online now but it seems like noone else is. :p

@FV: :lol: :lol: :lol: and nice to see you here ;)

NF: hyperactive :D

edit: here, not hear :D

Status
Not open for further replies.