Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh that makes me feel sick. My mother always used to do that... until they stopped doing it at our local grocery store.. Now she just reuses the same ones until they're falling apart.

I myself have my own little hippie sack for my groceries. :|

Anyway, here's a picture of my girlfriend, myself, and my brother at a baseball game a couple of weeks ago.

1209775418_l.jpg

It was actually an Akron Aeros game. They're a AA minor league affiliate of the Cleveland Indians.

Impudent said:
I work in a grocery store and we have a barrel to put plastic bags in for recycling. People make special trips there just to put their bags in and they think they are helping the world out, but when I first started working there, they asked me to empty it. When I asked where it went they said "Just throw it in the dumpster." Sad, really.

I worked at an Albertson's, and we used to have a recycling truck er something come by every now and then to pickup the big bags of plastic bags, but I don't know what happens now.

The Hubster said:
There is no doubt we have a seriously worrying climatic condition going on, and each year its rate of acceleration is worse than the last.

Ive never subcribed to the theory of global warming, 30 years people were shit scared because the earth was too fucking cold, we've gone through what, 3 ice ages?, the world is not as hot it has ever been by any means. Its clear that the climate has natural cycles; Global Warming my arse (no pun intended)

Danallica said:
Ive never subcribed to the theory of global warming, 30 years people were shit scared because the earth was too fucking cold, we've gone through what, 3 ice ages?, the world is not as hot it has ever been by any means. Its clear that the climate has natural cycles; Global Warming my arse (no pun intended)

The Earth naturally goes through severe temperature changes, so it's nothing we can about it, but make some technology to survive through.

I will say that the aspect you've described above is a correct one, I do agree with it. But on the same hand, I also feel that we're causing quite a lot of damage too.

I guess really, there's only one true way to tell unfortunately, and that's by simply going through the passage of time.

PS - Adelaide's dry as fuck anyway! No difference there :D

The Hubster said:
I will say that the aspect you've described above is a correct one, I do agree with it. But on the same hand, I also feel that we're causing quite a lot of damage too.

I guess really, there's only one true way to tell unfortunately, and that's by simply going through the passage of time.

PS - Adelaide's dry as fuck anyway! No difference there :D

Well we're are just speeding the process up.

Most definitely.

What kind of things have you people noticed where you live? What changes in weather etc have you picked up on? (Say where in the world you are too).

Much hotter summers here than in the previous years... winter almost doesnt exist, and when it does, it is DAMN cold, and the rainfall is VERY heavy. There's little transition between weather types these days.

The Hubster said:
Much hotter summers here than in the previous years... winter almost doesnt exist, and when it does, it is DAMN cold, and the rainfall is VERY heavy. There's little transition between weather types these days.

Is this odd compared to normal weather in AU.

Yeah... I mean, we usually have hot summers, it's normal for us to have a generally warm climate overall. But as the years have gone by, it's changed a LOT - our summers are much hotter, rainfall is decreasing overall, our colder seasons are far shorter than usual.

I moved here in 1983, and since then, the weather has changed in a very noticeable way. I remember about 2 springs back, we had a day where it hailed across the state to the point where we had snow in some areas... in spring! Some people were freaked out by it, but overall it was a big shock.

I was walking home from the cinema, and kids were throwing snowballs at each other in the street, yet people were walking around in t-shirts only hours before!

Status
Not open for further replies.