Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free thought and good taste? you are telling everyone what is "good" and what to listen too pff:rolleyes:

Live for the metal, Death to the weeeeeeeeeaaaaaaak :kickass:

Free thought and good taste? you are telling everyone what is "good" and what to listen too pff:rolleyes:

I've always found that most folks with really "open minded" or "eclectic" tastes can be just as proud of their taste and willing to push their ideas down others' throats as much as the most hardened genre elitist. Not that there's anything wrong with having such tastes, but that's just what a fair few of them have been like with me (even though my tastes certainly aren't restricted to metal).

So you're saying that telling people to be open minded is... close minded?

I push Jeff Buckley and Nick Cave and Tom Waits down people's throats because they're twice the genius of anyone who's ever picked up a guitar in the name of "metal", and I never would have known that if I was still stuck in the mentality of most metal guys that there's "metal" and there's "everything else".

imo.

I don't know why you would compare a singer-songwriter artist to a band in the Metal genre, imo they are too different to compare. Also I am somewhat openminded toward music but I don't try to force my like/dislike of a certain genre on other people.

I hereby appoint myself as Magistrate of Heavy Metal :headbang: Affairs of the Heavy Metal Imperial Proceedings :headbang:

I don't know why you would compare a singer-songwriter artist to a band in the Metal genre, imo they are too different to compare.

none of those three fit at all into the bullshit "singer-songwriter" hole.

all three (and their bands) are/were extremely innovative and experimental in their structuring/orchestrating of what would otherwise have been "pop" or "rock" music into something truly challenging and unique.

cave = anything from "from her to eternity" and most of "your funeral my trial"
waits = anything from "rain dogs" and "swordfishtrombones" and "bone machine"
buckley = most of "sketches for my sweetheart the drunk" esp. the second half, dream brother, mojo pin, you and i, the fucking amazing production job on "vancouver"...

never mind the millions of other reasons that any one of them is a million times more artistically valuable than some fucking metal jerkoff teen angst crap...

Err, I don't think I post pics of myself very often. Do I?..

No, but when you do there's like 4 or 5 together.
You don't post too much, don't worry. I was just making a point that I really don't post that many pictures of myself. And half the pictures I post were either of my cat or of my artwork.

Though I guess half of what you post is your work as well, so maybe it just seems like a lot to me because of that.

Krig wins by most pictures of himself by far.

I love you both though. Wasn't meant to be harmful, just to make a point.

NUFF SAID
1907131893mediumxl6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.