Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, Wrest used to skate for Thrasher, had no idea til today.

Wrest.jpg

You're an idiot. :)

edit: Chris (I mean Carc), when did you become such a dumb ass? Come on now.

Typical know-it-all retort. Only problem you have is proof to your assumption. I'm sure more people around here think of you as lesser in the intelligence department.

Fucking pussies.

No wonder why you and Amarantus have no character.

lol says Susperia of all people

Time to call bullshit on this one. How the fuck would anyone know it takes 2000 years for a milk carton to decay? Did anyone plant one in the ground and check it every year? Everyone 10 years? What about everyone 100 years? I mean come the fuck on. How do you know some things wont decay? Have you personally done tests? Or just believing the bullshit that "scientists", aka people who make up shit half the time, say about a certain object. There is no proof that it takes said amount of years for ANYTHING to decay or decompose. Despite most of the shit we dump in the air, which I actually do believe to be harmful to the atmosphere in a way, theres no way I'm going to believe that putting something back into the earth where it originated, chemical properties changed or not, is going to harm the earth. Like I said, the earth is like a living, breathing, ever-evolving human being. It takes shit in, and fixes it, and shits it back out the way it used to be. And until that can be proven wrong, or until the day this mysterious 2000 year old milk carton finally decides to decompose and someone is there to see for it first hand, I will keep believing that its all bullshit.

edit: dont take offense, I'm not attacking you at all, just having a civil argument :)

Are you serious? Goddamn you are fucking retarded. There is no end to it. Almost every post you makes me question how you actually manage to use a computer.

this should get you started, amarantus:

Plastics are a particular pain (though undeniably useful of course in many ways). This is because their molecules are tightly bound together and very very hard to prise apart.

And because plastic is a relatively new material, only around in the last century, no micro-organisms have yet evolved that are able to digest it.

taken from: http://www.scienceyear.com/outthere/environ/rubbish.html
--------------
and in regards to burning plastic instead of just waiting for them to decompose:

plastics containing chlorine will give off toxic hydrogen chloride gas and dangerous chemicals known as dioxins. Those containing nitrogen produce the very poisonous gas hydrogen cyanide if we burn them in a limited supply of oxygen.

from: http://www.patana.ac.th/parents/curriculum/Chemistry/units/LR1205.html

-------

one last thing, in regards to plastic being a renewable source:

Paper bags are made from trees, which are a renewable resource. Most plastic bags are made from polyethylene, which is made from crude oil and natural gas, nonrenewable resources.

source: http://www.epa.gov/region1/communities/shopbags.html

and loosely speaking, to determine how long it takes for something to decompose, scientists run a bunch of numbers involving the material's halflife, catalysts and how much CO2 will be produced. there are also certain combinations that take longer to decompose than the individual elements because one component of the combo will interfere with the chemical reaction of another component's decomposition. I'm not sure on specifics, but I'm sure if you ask a chemistry professor, he/she will be more than happy to help you with your quandary.

Fuck science. Just a bunch of people trying to prove God and the supernatural, nothing good will come of it.

EDIT: except wonderful technology, of course!!! :D

On another note, I finally watched all of "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey", and I still consider it to be the best metal documentary to ever be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.