Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if you think Jerry Bruckheimer is a creative mastermind. There's no auteurist drive in anything Cameron does, it's all $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

EDIT: True Lies? Lowest common denominator-aimed "action comedy" with the lamest script ever? Yeah, real great. Aliens wasn't anywhere near even scratching the surface of Scott's Alien, and Terminator is just popcorn entertainment.

Yeah I'm not crazy about his other movies either..... but holy shit you're an idiot, child.

You act like you know the guy first hand, or like he's some sort of evil, greedy devil. Didn't you get that the main themes throughout Titanic are against money and greed? I think you need to watch the movie again. :loco:

:erk:

You and most young people I'm sure. Our ability to stay focused on anything for very long these days is atrotious to say the least. As is our ability to feel for others.

Are you actually suggesting that Titantic is a masterpiece in terms of a prevailing theme? That's like saying Star Wars is on the same cerebral level as Stanley Kubricks "A Clockwork Orange."

EDIT: True Lies? Lowest common denominator-aimed "action comedy" with the lamest script ever? Yeah, real great. Aliens wasn't anywhere near even scratching the surface of Scott's Alien, and Terminator is just popcorn entertainment.

You can have you're views, but Terminator, and Aliens are two of my favourite films, so I think they are amazing. Alien was good but a usual one evil creature killing everyone one by one got boring.

You can have you're views, but Terminator, and Aliens are two of my favourite films, so I think they are amazing. Alien was good but a usual one evil creature killing everyone one by one got boring.

It wasn't about the creature. It was about the aspect of entrapment and survival only, and HR Giger's visuals were beautiful while at the same time disturbing and unsettling.

Are you actually suggesting that Titantic is a masterpiece in terms of a prevailing theme? That's like saying Star Wars is on the same cerebral level as Stanley Kubricks "A Clockwork Orange."

Care to back up that ridiculous statement with some substance?

Yeah, I get it, you didn't feel jack shit while watching Titanic. Doesn't mean it was a horrible film. You just werent' able to open yourself up to it.

And if you compare Titanic and Star Wars again I'll be really fucking pissed. And I don't want to be pissed. I want to go to the studio and work and be a nice little girl.

Care to back up that ridiculous statement with some substance?

Yeah, I get it, you didn't feel jack shit while watching Titanic. Doesn't mean it was a horrible film. You just werent' able to open yourself up to it.

And if you compare Titanic and Star Wars again I'll be really fucking pissed. And I don't want to be pissed. I want to go to the studio and work and be a nice little girl.

Substance? The fact that the film was about the titanic was entirely arbitrary, it could've been an airplane or anything else. The entire film was a storyboard of hollywood cliches and lcd-hooks.

I don't remember liking the first terminator but terminator 2 judgement was killer. Regardless the characters being actors I almost felt sorry for them because Robert Patrick as 1-1000 was so relentless and creepy. It's hard too think of anything more scary than an emotionless liquid shape shifting terminator tracking you down with one goel which is too kill you especially when you are a kid, plus he could kill people and take their identity.

I don't remember liking the first terminator but terminator 2 judgement was killer. Regardless the characters being actors I almost felt sorry for them because Robert Patrick as 1-1000 was so relentless and creepy. It's hard too think of anything more scary than an emotionless liquid shape shifting terminator tracking you down with one goel which is too kill you especially when you are a kid, plus he could kill people and take their identity.

Dude, the first Terminator is sweet, haha.

"IT'S WHAT HE DOES. IT'S ALL HE DOES!!!!!"

Has any old metal band ever sampled that? :lol:

Substance? The fact that the film was about the titanic was entirely arbitrary, it could've been an airplane or anything else. The entire film was a storyboard of hollywood cliches and lcd-hooks.

No... because the entire reason for the film was that Cameron had had a lifelong fascination/obsession with the Titanic. :Smug:

edit: The Titanic is symbolic of so many things for us. Human arrogance, greed, blind optimism, the scary fact that not too long ago we were so sure of ourselves we thought we could bridle in and actually restrain, CONQUER! nature itself.
That we could build an unsinkable ship! That "god himself could not sink this ship". The sinking of Titanic opened the entire world's eyes to the fact that man is not supreme, he does NOT rule over nature. Nature rules over him. And now we are forgetting that all over again. The lesson we learned through the sinking of the Titanic is gone. Again we think we're supreme and our technology can "fix" everything (global warming anyone?).
Also---the Titanic is the Mount Everest of shipwrecks. She is the greatest, the biggest, the largest underwater gravesite in the world. How can you say the movie "Titanic" itself could have been about anything? Are you sure of what you're saying here?

Dude, the first Terminator is sweet, haha.

"IT'S WHAT HE DOES. IT'S ALL HE DOES!!!!!"

Has any old metal band ever sampled that? :lol:

One of my favorite lines ever. I fucking love Michael Biehn. Which brings me to my next point: How can you not like Aliens? Seriously, Alien was incredible, but the second one surpasses it.

While we're talking about The Terminator and Aliens... Have you ever considered that Bill Paxton has been killed by a Terminator, an Alien, a Predator and a Cowboy, but the Tornado couldn't take him? Doesn't say much for Tornado's, and I right?

HOLY CHRIST. All right, Susperia likes Titanic. A bunch of other people here don't. Nobody is going to change anybody's minds. Just leave it. We have much more important things to discuss such as waffles, mittens and boobies.

I dont think a tornado is as good as a Terminator, Predator and Alien.
I love Biehn and Paxton, they're in quality movies.

Biehn has the same birthday as me, different years obviously, but thats pretty cool. So does Wesley Snipes and J.K. Rowling. Thought id bring that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.