Official GMD Photo/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No... because the entire reason for the film was that Cameron had had a lifelong fascination/obsession with the Titanic. :Smug:

Hahaha, Jerry Bruckheimer said he had a 'lifelong' fascination with Alcatraz when The Rock came out.

Man vs. Nature could've been a prevelant theme, if it was actually utilized at all in context of the film. The film was about a cliche, corny love story, that's it. As I said, the fact that it took place on the titanic was simply arbitrary. Kind of like that abysmally terrible Michael Bay/Bruck presentation of Pearl Harbor.

Cara, you're missing the entire point. Titanic was hardly based on the Titanic at all. The movie is about a sordid love affair between a degenerate youth and an unhappy, eager to be rebellious daughter of rich descent. The Titanic is merely the setting of the movie. Nearly the entire movie could very easily be imported to another location. So all of your verbal machinegunning of the significance of the movie with regard to the significance of the sinking of the Titanic itself as an event in history comes to nil because Cameron completely failed in adapting the airy significance of the event into the movie. In its stead is inserted all of the Hollywood fluff that made teenyboppers go to the movie theater to see this movie a dozen times.

That's a huge call right there. Can't say I agree, in fact I strongly disagree, but obviously you're quite passionate about the movie so to argue with you would be a waste of time.

Yeah, I really can't agree with that. Saying that would be discounting movies such as A Beautiful Mind, Crash, Princess Mononoke, Pan's Labyrinth, American Beauty, etc.

The fucking good stuff:
n1610640147_20688_9319.jpg

Wait, there is Titanic discussion going on in multiplethreads?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Susperia felt it was necessary to bring the discussion to this thread, as well.

Susperia, are there any other movies you like? Tell us so that we'll know never to say that we didn't like them, lest this sort of thing should happen again.

Do you have any idea how humiliating it was for me yesterday to realize that the only person who has more posts in this thread than me is Susperia? Where the fuck are all of these posts? I don't remember making so many. I must get into a lot of flamewars in this thread...I also have the second most posts in The Thread Where You Talk About Music You Like and the most in the Recommendations Thread though, so it's all good.

Star Wars > Titanic

fucking right!

I dont think a tornado is as good as a Terminator, Predator and Alien.
I love Biehn and Paxton, they're in quality movies.
High quality actors. love them both! Beihn in the Rock is awesome too.

Tombstone is a fucking great movie. Doc ftw

holy fuck I love this movie. Seriously, anyone that doesnt like it is fucking queer. and im not joking. Wyatt Earp is a complete badass.
hel, Beihn is awesome in Tombstone too! :kickass:

off-topic, can someone explain to me why there are more white satanists/atheists than black/minority satanists/atheists?

besides the obvious like "whites are the majority". duh! thats beside the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.