Official National Hockey League Thread

Therrien never should have called Subban "selfish" after the game. He plays to win, unlike the rest of the team who's been playing to not make mistakes.

Even if PK fucked up there, the only reason MTL is any good is because of PK and Price. They gave and secured Therrien's job

Or his defensemen. What's your take on the Therrien-Subban situation? I'm kinda undecided atm. I mean, you don't lose the puck like that if you're PK just before the end of the period, then again, that's what PK does - he's an offensive defenseman, so of course it's going to backfire once in a while.

Ok. To be fair yes Subban lost an edge which led to a goal, but it's not all his fault the play came back the other way on a 3 on 3 and Pacioretty got caught watching the puck instead of the man. It was poor defensive coverage that cost us the game. As far as Michel Therrien, look your star player lost the puck and it led to a goal. But for christ sake now is not the time to send a message when your fighting for a playoff spot. He's the best player on the team. Put him back out there.

He's one of the most dynamic D-Men in the league and I don't care how many turnovers he has, His puck possession vs turn over rate, gives him one of the lowest turnover rates based on puck possession. Therrien will be long gone before Subban gets shipped out of Montreal.

And PK Subban is literally a guy who doesn't care what the media says he just plays his game and it works. He loves the criticism.

Last edited:
Ok. To be fair yes Subban lost an edge which led to a goal, but it's not all his fault the play came back the other way on a 3 on 3 and Pacioretty got caught watching the puck instead of the man. It was poor defensive coverage that cost us the game. As far as Michel Therrien, look your star player lost the puck and it led to a goal. But for christ sake now is not the time to send a message when your fighting for a playoff spot. He's the best player on the team. Put him back out there.

He's one of the most dynamic D-Men in the league and I don't care how many turnovers he has, His puck possession stats far out weigh the turnovers. Therrien will be long gone before Subban gets shipped out of Montreal.

Yeah. I guess it's an unfortunate situation of having a coach and star player having different views of how the game should be played. I could see Therriens point of view, but the rest of how he handled the situation... well, I guess there were better ways to solve. Got me wondering though, I mean, the team isn't playing up to its potential and Therrien feels like he has to establish himself as the "boss", so I gotta wonder what's going on in that locker room behindd closed doors. I personally assume Therrien feels like the team doesn't respond to him anymore and that's like one step away from getting fired, because at that point that's pretty much the only thing a GM can do.

Yeah. I guess it's an unfortunate situation of having a coach and star player having different views of how the game should be played. I could see Therriens point of view, but the rest of how he handled the situation... well, I guess there were better ways to solve. Got me wondering though, I mean, the team isn't playing up to its potential and Therrien feels like he has to establish himself as the "boss", so I gotta wonder what's going on in that locker room behindd closed doors. I personally assume Therrien feels like the team doesn't respond to him anymore and that's like one step away from getting fired, because at that point that's pretty much the only thing a GM can do.

He'll be there next year. I mean let's be fair when you have the best player in the world in Carey Price out with an injury things are going to be tough regardless. But if things don't go well to start the 2016-17 season he is going to get canned quick. And I see 3 options for a replacement, if they go with the already annoying french obligated coach. Benoit Groulx who coached the World Junior team a few years ago. Guy Boucher, a 2nd chance may be good in Montreal, but my pick would be Marc Crawford, he's been away from the NHL for a while now and he'd be a good fit especially if Montreal lands Auston Matthews, since he's his coach overseas.

Also during this slide there is one really nice bright spot. Alex Galchenyuk the kid is finally tapping into his potential and he's getting a ton of scoring chances almost every game now.

How much longer is Montreal going to be a ridiculous city?

It's Quebec in general, they just have to have a french coach or else Quebec goes fucking insane. Honestly just go get the best coach available and forget about the french shit.

I mean most knowledgeable habs fans would rather have the best coach available other than have a bilingual one.

Last edited:
It's Quebec in general, they just have to have a french coach or else Quebec goes fucking insane. Honestly just go get the best coach available and forget about the french shit.

I mean most knowledgeable habs fans would rather have the best coach available other than have a bilingual one.

Yeah, I do understand where they're coming from, since I spent a summer in Quebec and witnessed firsthand that many people don't speak English very well in that area, but then again, it's an English speaking country and Canada is multicultural these days anyway. Not sure why a a non-French coach is still such a big deal for them.

So guys, In your opinion what is the most insane goal you have ever seen. It didn't take long for me to figure this one out

Like to take a penalty and have it end up tying the game with like a minute left and for Nash to come out and do that right after getting out of the box. Pure insanity. Talk about redeeming yourself or what!

So guys, In your opinion what is the most insane goal you have ever seen. It didn't take long for me to figure this one out

Like to take a penalty and have it end up tying the game with like a minute left and for Nash to come out and do that right after getting out of the box. Pure insanity. Talk about redeeming yourself or what!

Thought you were going to say the goal Armia did for WPG last night.

That Rakell goal... oh man. Don't have a vid, but one of my all-time fav goal-related pieces of history has to be Messier's "guarantee". They were down in the SC final series 3-2 and he guaranteed in a newspaper a win. They were trailing 1:2 in the 3rd and he scored a hat-trick. That's as badass as it gets the way I see it. Oh, and this one is also nice. Not sick, but good fun for its time and quite memorable:

Yeah I love that Owen Nolan one.

This is another I really like, just the moment and the announcers reactions were just gold

So anyways, Looks like Florida and Chicago are pushing hard for the cup and that's the Finals I'm predicting. Look Yeah Washington is really good, but until they can show me that they won't choke like they always do. Then I say Florida gets to the SCF.

Yeah I love that Owen Nolan one

So anyways, Looks like Florida and Chicago are pushing hard for the cup and that's the Finals I'm predicting. Look Yeah Washington is really good, but until they can show me that they won't choke like they always do. Then I say Florida gets to the SCF.

IDK man, this time WSH actually have depth. They've been lacking a great 2nd line center for... well, as long as I can remember and their scoring depth past Ovi & Backstrom was virtually non-existent. Now with Kuznetsov, Oshie, Williams, Burakovski they finally have that scoring depth, not to mention Johannson & Chimera having both great seasons. As for the defense, their core has matured, in Alzner & Orpik they actually have solid shut-down d-men and Carlsson and Orlov bring the offense, but they're better in their own end than Green ever was. Add the fact that they've all matured and have (in my opinion) a better coach, I'd say they could go all the way. I mean, sure, they have a history of exiting early, but this is a different team and they also play a different game. They don't play that soft, skill-only game they used to, which doesn't get you far in the play-offs. To be honest, I'm a huge Ovi fan and this year I feel like I don't have to turn a blind eye to all the flaws of this team to believe they could end up wining the cup. The only thing I'm concerned about as far as the Caps are concerned is the number of times they let the other team score first as of late. That has to change if they wanna win the cup.

As for the Panthers going to the finals, boy, wouldn't that be the perfect Cinderella story! If it's not Washington, I sure hope this happens! Overall, Chicago are dangerous as always and I wouldn't be surprised to see them win. They already were incredibly stacked and now they add Ladd? Where does Bowman come up with all that cap space?! Crazy stuff. Chicago - Washington would be my dream final I guess. NYR will be worn out and isn't that convincing this year, NYI are even less convincing, Tampa have been shaky and I'm not convinced yet and B's actually surprised me this year, they could surprise me even more... I'm fairly certain the Blues will choke as always, Stars lack PO's experience, Anaheim and LA are always dangerous and SJ... well, I guess they have to get deeper into the PO's after all this years, right?

Already looking forward to playoffs as always, I'm incredibly intrigued to see how Kuzi, Panarin and Tarasenko are going to perform. Also, Jagr.

Awesome, Wings finally rid themselves of Kindl for a 6th (we retain 15% salary which is I think $360,000)

Thanks Panthers