Official National Hockey League Thread

offensively ill give you the Ducks..but defense and goaltending? I'm buying into hot-Elliot and probably the best D corps in the game

offensively ill give you the Ducks..but defense and goaltending? I'm buying into hot-Elliot and probably the best D corps in the game

If you're just talking about the D corps, yeah St. Louis is better, but the Ducks also have a pretty damn good team defense (aka system), which is why their goalies won the Jennings, despite neither being elite goalies at this moment. FWIW, as a Ducks fan, I'd say Andersen is definitely a bit better and more polished than Gibson right now, but Gibson is so good for his age that you gotta think he'll be very, very good in a few years. The Ducks will probably commit to Gibson over Andersen in the coming offseason because of that, but I wish we could keep both for a while.

I'd say the Blues and Ducks are about equal in ability, and I'd have those 2 teams and the Caps as the favorites for the cup if the Ducks get to the next round, but they might not. Ducks are going into game 7, which they notoriously suck at, but maybe this is the year they win one.

I think the Blues vs Dallas series is going to be totally different than Chicago
See what happens. I'm guessing the bigs for St Louis will play a bigger role in the offense this series

If you're just talking about the D corps, yeah St. Louis is better, but the Ducks also have a pretty damn good team defense (aka system), which is why their goalies won the Jennings, despite neither being elite goalies at this moment. FWIW, as a Ducks fan, I'd say Andersen is definitely a bit better and more polished than Gibson right now, but Gibson is so good for his age that you gotta think he'll be very, very good in a few years. The Ducks will probably commit to Gibson over Andersen in the coming offseason because of that, but I wish we could keep both for a while.

I'd say the Blues and Ducks are about equal in ability, and I'd have those 2 teams and the Caps as the favorites for the cup if the Ducks get to the next round, but they might not. Ducks are going into game 7, which they notoriously suck at, but maybe this is the year they win one.

I have it the same. ANA + STL vs. WSH + Stamkos Lightning are the best 2 from each conference imo

I can see pretty much any team winning the cup outside of Dallas (D and G just not good enough) and Tampa (unless they get Stamkos back before the conference finals, if they beat NYI), but yeah the four favorites in my mind are definitely WSH, ANA, STL, and PIT. San Jose is looking pretty good too, and I wouldn't be shocked at all if they beat us or Nashville in the next round. Even if my team fucks up like I think they will eventually, I'm just fucking glad the Kings and Hawks won't be winning shit, especially the Kings.

Yo man, like Game 7 between Chicago and St. Louis had to be one of the craziest and most intense games I have ever seen. That shit was mad crazy. Like that was Stanley Cup Final type shit.

Think Boudreau gets fired?

They'd be stupid not to, they've been heavy favorites the past 2 years and they get bounced in a game 7 in first round. Fucking bullshit. I'll be surprised if he doesn't get canned, if he does Ottawa is gonna go hard for Bruce Boudreau.

Washington not showing up for the second period so far. 2 goals in a minute for Pens and out shooting caps 13 to 2.

EDIT: me and my big fucking mouth

What do people think of the Penguins - Linghtning series? I think Pittsburgh has the advantage as it stands but if Tampa get Stamkos and Strålman back in time they're about equal. It's going to be great to watch two speedy offense-minded teams go at it.

Lightning in 7.
Hope Nashville will win tonight and then Blues in 6.
Finals will end in 6 for Blues if they end up against Lightning.