Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Isolation years is my fave off GR and Lotus eater my fave from the new one. Gee, we have similar taste don't we?
FUCK OFF you too!!

Haha, keep em coming, don't be afraid to say it, but by doing so you confirm that your taste is very flawed. You have to worship ALL Opeth songs or just go...away!

Cheers guys (again!)
Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383778 said:
Haha! Isolation years is my fave off GR and Lotus eater my fave from the new one. Gee, we have similar taste don't we?
FUCK OFF you too!!

Haha, keep em coming, don't be afraid to say it, but by doing so you confirm that your taste is very flawed. You have to worship ALL Opeth songs or just go...away!

Cheers guys (again!)
Mike

Are we supposed to worship Eternal Soul Torture too? :saint:

Mikael Åkerfeldt;7383778 said:
FUCK OFF you too!!

Cheers guys (again!)
Mike

Hey Mike, I don't hate any of your songs.....this is the most retarded thread ever!

P.S.: OPETH RULLES!!!:headbang:

Opeth are cancelling their gigs on the Peace and Love Festival in Borlange, the Hove Festival in Arendal and Metaltown in Gothenburg, due to Mikaels varicella. This really sucks, as I am going to the Hove Festival.
Ah, I'll bet he's at home with the chicken pox, deciding to pwn people who don't like his songs hahaha, nice. You can picture him sitting over his computer thinking well, I can't leave till this shit goes away so I'll pwn people on the forum haha.

you know it's a quality thread when Mike himself makes a post. actually that's probably the only thing that can make a thread good. we all love you mike, keep making songs for us to talk shit about! :kickass:

Sweet, Mike and I have the same favorite song on 'Ghost Reveries'! \m/

That said, I've never understood what's the big deal with 'Face of Melinda'. I don't hate it, but... well, does this HAVE to be the track from 'Still Life' that's always played live? Never cared much for 'Death Whispered a Lullaby', either.

Samsara. please ban.

Yeah, let's ban people for having an opinion!

I don't understand "The Lotus Eater" hate. I think the song is structured well, at least compared to "Porcelain Heart." I love the way it drops off after the solo and slowly re-emerges. It's my second favorite off Watershed.

As for Opeth songs I hate, I wouldn't say that I hate any. If anything, I don't really care for the following:

The Apostle in Triumph
Benighted
The Drapery Falls
By the Pain I See in Others
Weakness
Atonement
Hours of Wealth

Everything else is rather impeccable.

Let's see... I hate:

Porcelain Heart: Holy borefest batman! Two riffs repeated verbatim for 6 minutes! Sounds like my kind of song. I like my songs uninteresting, uninspired, repetetive, dull, and easy to play. I also like my choruses without lyrics, and my transitions transitionless. What I love about this song is when it jumps into the last chorus, it just stops one section, pause, then starts the other. Genius! Throw in some incredible femenine lyrics about children and you have the ultimate demasculating, boring "metal" song.

Coil: While it's a nice proggy slow rock song, this is a shame to the Opeth name. Here is a term we never see thrown around on this board: GAY. The song is fucking gay. I like Opeth's older slow stuff (Benighted, Harvest, etc) but I just feel like a big fag listening to this.

Beneath the Mire: The start of Opeth's shitty prog keyboard ridden songs. Hate everything about it.

Reverie/Harlequin Forest: I never really understood this song. I can see how you could really like it, but it never had anything to draw me in, and the first 5 minutes are just a flat out yawn festival, and it only gets worse.

Besides GR and WS there are no songs in Opeth's backcatalogue that I "hate". I dislike a few, but hate is a powerful word.

Let's see... I hate:

Porcelain Heart: Holy borefest batman! Two riffs repeated verbatim for 6 minutes! Sounds like my kind of song. I like my songs uninteresting, uninspired, repetetive, dull, and easy to play. I also like my choruses without lyrics, and my transitions transitionless. What I love about this song is when it jumps into the last chorus, it just stops one section, pause, then starts the other. Genius! Throw in some incredible femenine lyrics about children and you have the ultimate demasculating, boring "metal" song.

Coil: While it's a nice proggy slow rock song, this is a shame to the Opeth name. Here is a term we never see thrown around on this board: GAY. The song is fucking gay. I like Opeth's older slow stuff (Benighted, Harvest, etc) but I just feel like a big fag listening to this.

Beneath the Mire: The start of Opeth's shitty prog keyboard ridden songs. Hate everything about it.

Reverie/Harlequin Forest: I never really understood this song. I can see how you could really like it, but it never had anything to draw me in, and the first 5 minutes are just a flat out yawn festival, and it only gets worse.

Besides GR and WS there are no songs in Opeth's backcatalogue that I "hate". I dislike a few, but hate is a powerful word.

coil can be called many things but the least of these is "gay", seriously. what i love about the song are the guitar riffs, for one thing, plus it's fun to sing, plus i like the lyrics. she told me why, she told me lies, and when i get out of here, i'll find that the years passed us by. what i don't like about the song is when natalie says "those years" otherwise the song is a fantastic prelude to the burtal riffage that follows in the next track.

and about harlequin forest being a yawn festival, i just totally disagree with that, i think it is one of their best songs on GR, and my personal fave, i love singing along to the first part of that song, into the stream/past meadow grounds/and further away from my home. how can anyone dislike that song is beyond me.

love beneath the mire. especially the beginning part, then how it goes back into opeth's trademark heavy riffs and brutal lyrics. fucking awesome.

Yes, I have chicken pox and let me tell you it sucks! I look retarded (more than usual)!

Some guys here are tough and secret master songwriters I see, how interesting. You have the knowledge to pick out the good parts and the "gay" parts. Thanks for letting me know.

I respect individual opinions, but have some courtesy please and don't try and upset us with blatant insults. With that said, I don't mean you can't complain, I mean if you couldn't complain here this forum would be completely useless. So, by all means, complain, but do it with style...or you're fucked!

I leave it in the hands of Samsara...

Cheers
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.