Opeth songs you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok i take back what i said about MAYH.
I gave it a good listen through, all weekend and it is growing on me, so there is officially no opeth record i cant listen to and enjoy.

I don't 'hate' any Opeth songs.

But i have ones I don't love as much, such as The Grand Conjuration, By The Pain I See In Others and Credence.

Opeth is art in my, humble opinion, art is at the mercy of personal interpretation.

If you don't like it, don't listen to it and not abuse other people because they do? eh?

wow.....u feckin loosers have no life......HATE..!!!!...WTF is wrong with u "fans"...ugghhh.....Yes there are songs that I like more than the others...but I dont HATE any freakin song....what a rude thing to say on a bands' message board......uggh.....disgusting....no wonder I dont like coming here anymore......PEAC EOUT

wow.....u feckin loosers have no life......HATE..!!!!...WTF is wrong with u "fans"...ugghhh.....Yes there are songs that I like more than the others...but I dont HATE any freakin song....what a rude thing to say on a bands' message board......uggh.....disgusting....no wonder I dont like coming here anymore......PEAC EOUT

Consider sentences.

I think it's perfectly okay to hate a song by a band you love, and even say so on their own forum so long as you aren't a dick about it. That said I really don't hate any Opeth songs, there are things I hate ABOUT Opeth songs (as in things that I really wish were done differently, etc) but there's not one song that I actually hate because if it sounds like Opeth it's hard to hate it!

Another thing which I don't like in an Opeth song (hate may be a little strong for this) is in Bleak, with the AMAZING clean section and clean solo. It's the best part of the whole song but is far too short and goes too quickly into heaviness again.

I think Hessian Peel is the one of the best Opeth songs ever. It shows all sides of opeth; dark, sad, mellow, brutal.. and all..

I don't understand why people hate Orchid and Morningrise... Forest of October, Twilight is my robe, Black Rose Immortal, they're extremely good written fucking perfect songs!

I LOVE Hessian Peel!

I don't hate any of their songs but there are a few that I dislike:

Eternal Soul Torture - I'm sure Mike feels the same way and that's why it wasn't recorded.

Hex Omega - I don't know why. It's my least favorite Opeth song. It's well written and well played I just don't like it... it's the key riff I think.

Requiem - Because it used to be my wake up alarm and now I dread hearing it. hehehe

I'm not an overtly huge fan of TGC either but I don't really dislike it.

To say that I "dislike" an Opeth song is really a bad wording because even though it's poor (imo) by Opeth's standards, it's still MUCH better than other bands.

Considering you've only been here since May and have only posted 54 times, it's no real loss to the board :p

People are entitled to their opinions, and I've noticed a few postings here had fairly reasonable reasons for why. Either way, you don't have to read it and agree, that's the point of this here discussion.

Listening to my 'hate' song now, Hours of Wealth. It's a great song, I can still stand it, apart from it making me randomly remember that *expletive deleted* heh. The solo is great.

The thing you gotta love about Waz is he's a complete nutter in his posts, yet he is dead serious about his music and the contents of his signature.

Yeah Waz is actually an extremely talented guitarist and singer, he just needs ta stp bein such anewb ond a interwebs.

Status
Not open for further replies.