opeth the only death metal band some of you listen too?

BloodWake said:
If you look back i clearly stated i didn't know if they were death metal...... i said i didnt know what they were apart from Pure american metal.....

But the first part of your post is true...

It doesn't matter what you clearly stated because you made posts suggesting Lamb of God in a "what Death metal bands do you like?" thread, thereby it is implied that in some way you think they are death metal...or just felt the need to tell everyone about a band in a place where it was clearly inappropriate...either way...it didn't make much sense :p .

To be fair I think they asked if that band was a Death Metal band first of all. But now we all know they aren't so we don't need to mention that band anymore... unless they become a DM band or something.

Lost_Orchid said:
^^^ They kick ass.

do they have a new album out?...i know they were making one with lord worm....well, this is a pointless question...but maybe it can bring about a cryptopsy discussion...*begins looking for info on new album*

Jim from The Entropy League podcast did an interview w/ Lord Worm. You might be able to find it on the Be Metal website.

Edit: They did switch servers and older podcasts were going to be available soon. Don't know if they are yet.

some other death metal bands i listen to besides Opeth would be:

Nile, Cryptopsy, Devourment, Iniquity, Disgorge, Decrepit Birth, Autumn Leaves, In Flames, Extol (older), Schaliach, suffocation, decapitated, Hate Eternal, Morbid Angel, Gorod, Arsis, Death, Cannibal Corpse and the Black Dahlia Murder

JoeVice said:
do they have a new album out?...i know they were making one with lord worm....well, this is a pointless question...but maybe it can bring about a cryptopsy discussion...*begins looking for info on new album*

Their new cd "Once Was Not" came out recently. It is really good.

JoeVice said:
yeh Once was Not (OWN). It's fucking insane.
Of course it isn't going to compare to NSV (IMO) cuz i dont think lord worms vocals are the same, he cant get as good low-end sound he had on NSV. Nevertheless this album is sick, be sure to check out angelskingarden;)

I only like Opeth and old In Flames, and recently I just downloaded an Eternal Tears of Sorrow album which I dig.

I dont actually listen to a lot of death metal at all - im more about the progressive side of things really.
I like 'good' modern metal too - not to be mistaken with nu-metal though. Its extremely hard to find.

Heres some of my favourites apart from Opeth:-

Meshuggah,
Earthtone 09,
Coprofago,
Sikth,
Canvas Solaris,
Cynic,
Hondo Maclean,
Mnemic,
Strapping Young Lad,
Tool,
Nile,
Obituary,
King Crimson,
Rush,

etc, etc...

Steve
:hotjump:

skeletal_wreck said:
I dont actually listen to a lot of death metal at all - im more about the progressive side of things really.
I like 'good' modern metal too - not to be mistaken with nu-metal though. Its extremely hard to find.

The same goes for me. I recommend Mastodon, The Dillinger Escape Plan & Between The Buried And Me, if you haven't heard them yet. If someone knows something similar, suggestions are welcome!

annt said:
The same goes for me. I recommend Mastodon, The Dillinger Escape Plan & Between The Buried And Me, if you haven't heard them yet. If someone knows something similar, suggestions are welcome!

Cephalic Carnage.

soundave said:
Cephalic Carnage.

They are freaking awesome...but aren't really anything like the bands annt listed seeing as they are kind of a grindcore/death metal fusion leaning more towards grindcore...but they are still awesome.

Lost_Orchid said:
They are freaking awesome...but aren't really anything like the bands annt listed seeing as they are kind of a grindcore/death metal fusion leaning more towards grindcore...but they are still awesome.

Oh...I had always categorized them with DEP. My experience w/ them is Lucid Interval. I get what you're saying about the grindcore thing, but they have a bit of the "musical ADD" that DEP have.... Feel free to correct me on this if you think I'm off base.