opeth the only death metal band some of you listen too?

haha, probably! If something isn't on the first page of Google or on Wikipedia it probably doesn't exist, or at least on the net.

ViCyniC said:
I'm not surprised. Non-prog non-technical death metal is mediocre, simply because of the fact that they are neither progressive or technical.

you are an utter faggot

edit: well this thread pretty much sucks and opeth is not death metal

polarity3 said:
you are an utter faggot

edit: well this thread pretty much sucks and opeth is not death metal
polarity is correct.

I listen to Opeth infrequently, and Demilich and Cryptopsy frequently. :)

I listen to quite a bit of Death Metal aside from Opeth. It's probably the only genre I listen to.

Nile, At the Gates, My Dying Bride (its more doom I know, but they use a lot of the growling vocals which is a huge factor of death metal) Bloodbath, a couple of songs by Deicide, The Berzerker is pretty fun to listen to, Amon Amarth, and I also like a couple of songs by Cannibal Corpse (their cover of No Remorse is a notable one) God Dethroned.

Another band thats really funny to listen to is Mortician. Dont know how many of you have heard of it but, its unhealthily bassed out death metal with REALLY bad songwriting.

Forest-of-October said:
I listen to quite a bit of Death Metal aside from Opeth. It's probably the only genre I listen to.

Nile, At the Gates, My Dying Bride (its more doom I know, but they use a lot of the growling vocals which is a huge factor of death metal) Bloodbath, a couple of songs by Deicide, The Berzerker is pretty fun to listen to, Amon Amarth, and I also like a couple of songs by Cannibal Corpse (their cover of No Remorse is a notable one)

Another band thats really funny to listen to is Mortician. Dont know how many of you have heard of it but, its unhealthily bassed out death metal with REALLY bad songwriting.

I am pretty sure everyone here has heard of Mortician.

LAMB OF GOD!

They are part of the "New Wave of American Heavy Metal," so therefore they can't be helped but be group with nu-metal, metalcore etc.

But seriously Opeth fans, they have some really awesome songs. They do have a metalcore image, but IMHO their musicianship is top notch.

If you are 'sickened' by the metalcore image that bands like Killswitch have, listen to the cd 'as the palaces burn.'

The vocals are more a high-pitched 'death' sound, not the deep growls that you can find with most death metal bands. That, i guess, would be enough to rule them out of the death metal genre.

But the riffs, and the drum arrangements and fills, they are so good. Purely addictive.

If you are expecting the mystic charm of Opeth, i'd look elsewhere. Because the 'pure american metal' badge would quickly chase you away.

BloodWake said:
im so sick of this...

Have you ever noticed that when someone is saying they hate sub-genres it is when a band they like is being bashed??? Just thought I would point that out and I do like Lamb of God but to say they are death metal is a pretty ignorant statement. They are simply metalcore. Good metalcore....but still metalcore.

I started with Deicide and C.C.

name my top 10 death metal band besides opeth
1. Nile
2. Suffocation
3. Disgorge
4. Crytppsy
5. Hate Eternal
6. Anal Cunt
7. Dying Fetus
8. Vader
9. Entombed
10. Carcass

RachelOwnsAllMetalHeads said:
:Smug:

Sure...I wish we could all make money off of other people's work.

lol~but don't you think they play Staying alive is really fun..
they were all insane and I love their song's title.

something like "Tom got a job and he is a faggot"~lol

really hilarious. I can't help myself stop laughing.