Orcid => Orchid
beutiful => beautiful
horidly => horridly

is english your first language?
you forgot

ha => had
acousik => acoustic

lol

I like BWP and D's but Opeth are no longer innovative (Steven Wilson il,lm gfjsm gsmgjs :p) :/

saturnix said:
personly => personally
stongest => strongest
Opeths => Opeth's
D's => Ds
Damntion => Damnation
sucessful => successful
expariment => experiment
dont => don't
Orcid => Orchid
beutiful => beautiful
horidly => horridly
hay hear is to rords two yo - fuk yu!!!

saturnix said:
Is English your first language?
Yeah i can spell pretty good, it's just typing thats my weak point.:p
And I'm not normally that bad anyway

I fuckin´ enjoy every single album, though, of course I have my preferences. But I can easily understand people who where into the first two albums and don´t like the rest that much. I guess it´s depending on how openminded you are music wise.

i like all the albums

some more than others. and i will admit that i do miss the layering of riffs on Still Life. you just dont see that anymore on D1 or D2 or BWP(exception:The Drapery Falls.....lots of layers there). but i still feel the albums are great. i am not sure if it is a trend to like the first three albums only or what but it seems to be that way. people trying to stay "tr00" or what have you. MAYH is very diff from Orchid and Morningrise. i dont see how people think they are the same.

I don't see why everyone would group MAYH together with Orchid and Morningrise. They are vastly different in my opinion, and I still must say that MAYH is probably my least favorite album, I still love it, but compared to Morningrise I saw it as a minor disappointment.

I think all their albums are excellent.
They are all essential.
I do think Deliverance is the worst Opeth album.
It is good, no question about it, but it has a more stripped down feel, and is less interesting than the others.

And if I had to name a favorite band, it'd be Opeth.

Shadowthrone said:
I don't see why everyone would group MAYH together with Orchid and Morningrise. They are vastly different in my opinion, and I still must say that MAYH is probably my least favorite album, I still love it, but compared to Morningrise I saw it as a minor disappointment.

yeah everyone groups them together and i am really starting to think it is a trend because EVERYONE is dissing everything after it

Innbydelse said:
yeah everyone groups them together and i am really starting to think it is a trend because EVERYONE is dissing everything after it
IMO, Still Life is where Opeth began to be predictable. The songs started having repeated parts, choruses, and stuff, and you can pretty much pick where the acoustic sections are gonna be before you get there etc. This is not present on the first 3 albums. Yeah, MAYH is very different from the first 2 albums, but it still has a sense of taking you on a journey and you don't know where you're going next. Sure, it's got a more solid structure than the first 2, but it's less tightly structured than the albums that follow it.
And I think SL, BWP, and D1 are all of a reasonably similar style/formula (not saying they sound the same, but the compositional approach is the same), so it's appropriate for them to be separated from MAYH. Maybe instead of thinking that we're grouping the first 3 albums, think of it more like we're grouping the last few albums, which leaves us with the first 3 albums on their own :)