Perfect Albums

This thread is getting ridiculous, judging by the plethora of albums people are listing, it might as well be a "wotz ur fave albums lol?" thread.

Some of us just arent miserable over every little detail, and it is about personal taste. For example someone (a few) mentioned Agalloch and I cant stand to listen to them

Personal taste doesn't come into it. It's people's idea of the word "perfect" unlike some of you I find it very hard to come up with 10 "perfect" albums, let alone 30.

So far all I've got is:
Wintersun - Wintersun
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Opeth - Still Life

All albums without a single inconsistent song.

However my favorite albums, hit the spot, got the job done, thereby making them "perfect". I left out many that had a song here and there that I didnt really like. Its a matter of personal taste. Prime example being how I mentioned a few LZ albums - Someone picked IV, IV fails for me due to songs like Going to Cali and When the Levy Breaks, they just didnt float my boat someone else might play that album through and through but I rarely listened to those songs. Meedley prefers Asa, I prefer Royal Scam. Many have mentioned MC I and no one Empire, however Empire is one of my all time favorite albums, not a song out of place, love them all, especially Della Brown, a song that surely annoys most "metalheads". So yes, it is about taste.

Personal taste doesn't come into it. It's people's idea of the word "perfect" unlike some of you I find it very hard to come up with 10 "perfect" albums, let alone 30.

So far all I've got is:
Wintersun - Wintersun
Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
Opeth - Still Life

All albums without a single inconsistent song.

I don't know about Katatonia, but the other two are pretty close to perfect for me (in the serious mode now).

A Symphony X album to come closest is Divine Wings, I think. Too bad "Out of The Ashes" ruins it.

But let's see.....

Ensiferum - s/t
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome (Ok, I am VERY NEW to this band and album, but I have listened to this album about 6-7 times now and haven't spotted any songs, which I didn't like)

And then there are some albums, which have nothing to do with metal.

Agree with razor. "Perfect" is a relative term to the paradigms of the listener.

+1...it's subjective. Alot of what some have listed...l've downloaded & deleted in a short period of time after listening.
Also, alot of my favorites aren't in my list...Thin Lizzy Jailbreak & KISS Alive are 2 of my all time favs but are not in my list.

Some of us just arent miserable over every little detail, and it is about personal taste. For example someone (a few) mentioned Agalloch and I cant stand to listen to them

That would be me :p

And yeah, I don't mind that. My idea of perfect isn't an album that will appeal to all (Like that would ever happen) but rather an album that is completely consistent from start to finish and appeals to it's audience.

In my opinion, while a lot of the albums listed by other people are "good" and have a lot of good songs on them, there's always one or two songs or even moments that break the consistency of the album.

OK I hear you Hacker, but you do understand my basic point without the complaining a few have made. Imperfect for some may be perfect for the taste of others. Many I listed were perfect for me when I first heard them, which reaches WAY back. I dont even listen to them much today... still I would not be silly enough to compare say... LZ II to DT Images and Words and say "well LZ II was not really that perfect", it not technical, it was blues based hardrock, it was simplistic, it was old recording equipment, it had ideas ripped from old bluesmen, Pages solo on Hearbreaker was "sloppy", the spacy/psychodelic break during Whole Lotta Love representing the climax of making love was out of the groove... ect. ... because back in 1970 it really didnt matter, it was the most perfect music for me at that time, it totally had me trippin... "oh my... I think I will play that album again...and again... and again... !"

tip of the hat to ABQ & Ascention for getting it
Agree with razor. "Perfect" is a relative term to the paradigms of the listener.
+1...it's subjective. Alot of what some have listed...l've downloaded & deleted in a short period of time after listening.
:kickass:

I think its time to ramble on :heh:

so yeah, when Im in the mood, Nora Jones - Feels like home... is perfect

one of my favorite quotes is "the little things never did bother me much"

Agreed, the lyrics are a bit 'strange' in those, but I do love the bass part in the beginning of Pharaoh.

I think the music is suberb in both songs. However, the vocal melodies (particularly in Witching Hour) just aren't up to the Symphony X standard.

I think Pharaoh kind of drags on for too long, although the chorus is really catchy. Witching Hour's music is great (some of the riffs remind me of Justice-era Metallica), but the vocal melodies seem like they were written on a guitar and not even "Russellified" by Allen himself. I find no feeling in them.

It is subjective, but it was a thread to delve a little deeper and find those of your favorites that you feel don't have a weak moment. Not questioning anyone's lists, just giving my intention for the thread.

There's a bunch I'd love to list, but then I think again and realize they're just not perfect. Actually just edited and took three off my list after really thinking about it.