Power Metal is not gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, I don't know about that, you have pure power metal, speed/power, classical/power, thrashy power metal, prog/power. I would say it has much more variety than black metal

But that's still all within the bounds of guitar-driven hard rock/metal, so you haven't really disproved me. I was referring more to pre-rock/metal musical breakthroughs like blues, jazz, etc.

classical music is within guitar - driven hard rock/metal??

I don't see how it has any less variety than black or thrash or heavy metal. I guess you could argue that death metal and prog metal has more variety

Hey lay off of CAIRATH. In my opinion he is the best poster here.

I'm actually referring to the person who posted the thread, I have a lot of respect for Cairath.

Hell Awaits Us All said:
classical music is within guitar - driven hard rock/metal??

Of course. A lot of solos back in the day were spawned from classical pieces, especially within 80's metal.

I guess you could argue that death metal and prog metal has more variety

That was my original point.

Power metal is lately my most listened to genre of music so imo power metal is quite straight even though Manowar kinda turns me on some what with their dresses. They are such pretty lil boys. But their newest album Gods Of War has mostly filler in it with just a few good songs in it, oh well. But seriously Manowar, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica are the best power metal bands and they are quite amazing.

I'm actually referring to the person who posted the thread, I have a lot of respect for Cairath.

Forgive for the confusion.

This thread is unwarranted. This forum's opinion of power metal is not going to change anytime soon. Those who like it keep to themselves while those who hate it do likewise.

That's true, you like power metal?

Ps: you have one of the best thrash metal albums ever made on your avatar.

The roots for my love of metal are in power metal, so I have a strong appreciation for it. I just sort of ignore it these days, though, because a lot of modern releases are pretty uninteresting and formulaic.

I guess you could consider it a thrash album, but I consider it the album that solidified death metal as a genre and set down the guidelines for its expansion. And it's a fucking good listen, for certain. :kickass:

I guess you could consider it a thrash album, but I consider it the album that solidified death metal as a genre and set down the guidelines for its expansion. And it's a fucking good listen, for certain.

That makes very good sense, agreed.

The roots for my love of metal are in power metal, so I have a strong appreciation for it. I just sort of ignore it these days, though, because a lot of modern releases are pretty uninteresting and formulaic.

Heavenly's latest power metal release is pretty good but yea I know what you mean. Lets hope that Sonata Arctica's release this year will be a good release :).

Omg no kidding. Sonata Arctica is the last of the leading power metal bands that have yet to make a single bad album, lets just have faith that they can do it.

dude what about Helloween, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, and Edguy?

Any of these bands have never made a bad album that i've heard

Omg no kidding. Sonata Arctica is the last of the leading power metal bands that have yet to make a single bad album, lets just have faith that they can do it.

I agree.

Their entire discography is amazing.

I really like Ecliptica (except the last two tracks, which are a little too gay and drag the album along sorta), and some songs on Silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.