Power Metal is not gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude what about Helloween, Gamma Ray, Hammerfall, Blind Guardian, and Edguy?

Any of these bands have never made a bad album that i've heard

I have listened to Gamma Ray on their My Space but I didn't remember particularly liking the tracks on there much. I didn't like a couple of the albums after The Keeper Of The Seven Keys Part 2 from Helloween but The Time Of Oath and The Dark Ride are outstanding albums. It's too bad Helloween followed up The Dark Ride (my favorite from them) with a mediocre album but o well. Blind Guardian I haven't listened to much of their material yet. Edguy I have yet to listen to

Ondskapt-Dodens Evangelium. It's really good.

Been wondering for a bit, what album is the one on the lower left in your sig? Album cover looks interesting.

As for the topic, I love Power metal quite a bit, and don't consider it to be gay at all. THen again, I like pretty much all of the genres of metal almost equally.

Gamma Ray aren't Poppy. Its Helloween's Keeper of the Seven Keys I and II that are kinda poppy.

Seriously, Land of the Free is an amazing album. And their 2005 release, The Majestic was a dark masterpiece. Didn't like it atfirst, took me a while to appreciate the album.

Fury of the Storm said:
Wait, what?

Yeah, Yeah, that was a typo, I figured someone would notice...I meant to say, Dragonforce use the typical Power Metal style, but they lack creativity.

I've seen two men oiled up in gold hot pants rollerskating hand in hand that was less gay than power metal.

totally disagree. Put on morgana lefay and then put on cannibal corpse - for the average person, morgana lefay will sound somewhat normal, while CC will sound 10x more lame/cheesey

death metal has to do with reality?? :loco: you see satanism, serial killers, death, gore, and violence every day in life??

Death is happening all the time and is the most reallity based thing, death is reality. People die all the time regardless what causes it. A lot people suffer in general and do not have great lives,etc. I am pessimistic and view the world as a place off suffering nor do I think highly of people. I am not going to spend time listening to bands sing about things to try and escape reality.

I think the bad in the world outweighs the good and it only matter what I think so I am correct. Death metal is about pessimism so anything related to it represents reality.

Death is happening all the time and is the most reallity based thing, death is reality. People die all the time regardless what causes it. A lot people suffer in general and do not have great lives,etc. I am pessimistic and view the world as a place off suffering nor do I think highly of people. I am not going to spend time listening to bands sing about things to try and escape reality.

I think the bad in the world outweighs the good and it only matter what I think so I am correct. Death metal is about pessimism so anything related to it represents reality.

I agree with all of that. But Satanic bands like Deicide are almost as cheesy as Fantasy Power Metal (And Deicide is one of my favorite bands).

Similarly, there are Power Metal bands that deal with topics related to life. Angra's latest album is about Murder, Schizophrenia (Sp?) and all that. Evergrey released concept albums dealing with child abuse, questioning the existence of extra-terrestrials, all of which are related to life. Some bands release concept albums based on Historical Events, which, can be regarded as part of reality as well.

Just gotta look deeper into any genre of metal and you find things pertaining to reality.

Why not? Sounds like a damn good idea if the world is a place of suffering.

Been wondering for a bit, what album is the one on the lower left in your sig? Album cover looks interesting.

As for the topic, I love Power metal quite a bit, and don't consider it to be gay at all. THen again, I like pretty much all of the genres of metal almost equally.

Lower left is Baptism-Wisdom and Hate EP. The title track is great.

So is love. People fall in love every day as well as extend their love to others, etc. And yet if a band writes about love they're "gay".

Oh yeah and, birth also happens every day----moreso than death. Hence why our populations are rising (more births than deaths). So in your twisted way of thinking this would make birth more of a reality than death---I think you need to start listening to bands that sing about midwifery and epidurals. =P

I have never fallen in love so why should I hear about it. I don't even know what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.