power metal?

Authentic Metalhead said:
I don't care what anyone says, power metal in all its incarnations is some truly fulfilling music. American or European, power metal tends to be my first choice for metal.

I just checked out some Dragonforce to see what you love so much. i got to say i can understand why you like it but the lack of death gruntts make it sound like emotional metal to some sort to me. but i stand corrected for what i said earlyer about it all sounding boring and the same, it is a good work of music and has good riffs and solos and vocals are hard work too, just not for me or anyone who loves more hardcore stuff.

Necuratul said:
Abattoir
Agent Steel
Arctic Flame
Attacker
Axemaster
Cauldron Born
Cities
Deadly Blessing
Destiny's End
Distant Thunder
Exxplorer
Fates Warning
Fifth Angel
Gargoyle
Gothic Knights
Hammerwitch
Heathen's Rage
Heir Apparent
Helstar
Hexx
Ignitor
Iron Cross
Kryst The Conqueror
LIEGE LORD
Lizzy Borden
Magus Beast
Malakis Reign
Malice
Manilla Road (though that's really pigeonholing...)
Manowar
Medieval
Medieval Steel
Meliah Rage
Metal FUCKING Church
Mystik
Nasty Savage
Nightcrawler
Obsession
Onward
Original Sin
OVERLORDE
Ravage
Raven Bitch
Realm
Reverend
Riot
Ritual
S. A. Slayer
Sanctuary
Satan's Host
Savage Grace
Savatage
Seven Witches
Slauter Xstroyes
Titan Force
Villan

^^

Krigloch-Official UM D&D Nerd said:
are there even any good US powermetal bands?
and dont name any "heavy" metal bands. Im talking pure powermetal.

Kamelot, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Manowar, Nevermore, Queensryche (though they're more progressive), Savatage, and Virgin Steele are all excellent.

ivry91 said:
I just checked out some Dragonforce to see what you love so much. i got to say i can understand why you like it but the lack of death gruntts make it sound like emotional metal to some sort to me. but i stand corrected for what i said earlyer about it all sounding boring and the same, it is a good work of music and has good riffs and solos and vocals are hard work too, just not for me or anyone who loves more hardcore stuff.

Death grunts get very grating upon extended listens for me, but singing rarely ever annoys me. But I'm glad you saw the error of your ways. :headbang:

Kamelot, Symphony X, Iced Earth, Manowar, Nevermore, Queensryche (though they're more progressive), Savatage, and Virgin Steele are all excellent.

Death grunts get very grating upon extended listens for me, but singing rarely ever annoys me. But I'm glad you saw the error of your ways. :headbang:

I'm the exact opposite...singing, especially high pitched singing, annoys the shit out of me.

OH teh yea, N^ pwer metalzzzz aint homoish, its mor manlinessszz, and for teh smartorz ppl who have teh secure sesual imagee

MetalBooger said:
OH teh yea, N^ pwer metalzzzz aint homoish, its mor manlinessszz, and for teh smartorz ppl who have teh secure sesual imagee

da fuck? speak english

God, I'm starting to get really fucking tired of people bashing power metal. You don't have to like it, but don't go around spreading your slanderous filth that it's for homosexuals and all sounds the same, because it's not true and you're only succeeding in making yourself look like an ignorant fucktard. People have a right to listen to it and love it, and saying that it's inferior to death metal or something is just plain stupid.

Death grunts seem homosexual to me actually. I also find it hard to believe a certain pitch annoys anyone, unless they hate music.

God, I'm starting to get really fucking tired of people bashing power metal. You don't have to like it, but don't go around spreading your slanderous filth that it's for homosexuals and all sounds the same, because it's not true and you're only succeeding in making yourself look like an ignorant fucktard. People have a right to listen to it and love it, and saying that it's inferior to death metal or something is just plain stupid.

how about the fact that I just don't care for it end of story?

hahaha, I like death metal, love the stuff with jazz in it the most, but the vocals don't do a thing for me.

What is noisecore? lol

i second that.

but since im not a narrow minded peice of shit, i also think that should apply to all other sub-genres. i personally think metalheads worry too much about sub genres.