power metal?

Of course, it can't possibly be because people find the music of the previously mentioned bands and bands of that ilk to be weak, lacking in conviction, or any number of criticisms, correct? No, the answer must lie in some type of herd mentality in order to justify your enjoyment of a [generally] unpopular form of metal on a particular internet message board.

Vacant_Planets said:
Flower metal is an idea championed by this board and not something I've come acrossed anywhere, and because it was originated here most likely by one person I refuse to give IT any credit whatsoever.

What are you talking about? Flower metal is a term used throughout the metal community!

OH yes internet therapist that must be it. lol

Killbot, this is my 5th or 6th metal community, I've never heard it before.

Actually not really. People don't hate true Power Metal as much as you think they do. They hate Flower Metal bands like Kamelot, Freedom Call, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica.
So how about some examples of power metal bands that don't fit your definition of "flower" metal? I need "good" POWER metal bands to check out! thanks

I had never heard the term either, and I think it's a ridiculous term. You don't hear power metal fans bashing death metal (though I think the common misconception by non-metalheads that anything with screaming is death metal is punishment enough), but still, while some power metal bands don't have the same energy as their peers, it is still considered power metal.

How about some Suger Metal fellows? bring back rey Charles..i'm sure he will just love it eh!

Try searching review sites for the term, or do a google search. The term has been around for a few years now at the very least.

Also, I've posted a fucking list in this very thread twice.

Yes, I do. There's nothing wrong with cheese. There's nothing wrong with Power Metal. My problem is Flower Metal, which I've said a number of times.

Just google Flower Metal followed by the name of any flower metal band (Kamelot, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica etc.) and you'll see numerous results of the term being used.

EDIT: Necuratul beat me to it

Okay, I accept that, I love my Flower metal, my problem is cheese metal, put some damn thought into what you write or go instrumental. It's that simple.

Yeah, that's my problem with Flower Metal too, no thought or originality. :) Aside, of course, from the lack of energy.

lol, the bands of listed as Flower metal write complex piece of music as to where your power metal often include a few POWER chords. I'm not swayed in the slightest.

It's really not as complex as you think, but whatever, you're (obviously) free to listen to whatever you want.