power metal?

morbid deceiver said:
No, they're badass. They'res no way you can say Cannibal Corpse is cheesy in the same way Blind Gaurdian.

:lol: @cannibal corpse. go listen to deicide lyrics.

morbid deceiver said:
No, they're badass. They'res no way you can say Cannibal Corpse is cheesy in the same way Blind Gaurdian.

I don't call Blind Guardian cheesy, because they actually have quite well-written lyrics. Does that mean you would call The Lord of the Rings cheesy? Because that's an incredibly misguided statement. And you can't deny that CC is pretty cheesy. Mutilation and gore are such fucking overused topics. :erk:

Happy sound? How about the cheesy sound? I honestly cannot understand why power metal has gotten successful.

you fool, i just told you why it is successful, its full of things that many ppl can relate to. Epic story type lyrics with a theme of defeating a foe, powerful and uplifting sounds, and whatever else. Ppl want to see the Light, not the dark, they dont wanna go to hell, they wanna excel to a happier state. Power metal gives us power, while death metal and other stuff charges our emotions, especially anger. Both have their appeals, and it is jsut and reasonable to group them into the category of metal, but they are on different side of the spectrum.

dont want to go to hell??????
I listen to powermetal because its fucking good! not because im scared of the dark...
Fast drums, fast guitars/solos, insane screams, D&D imagery. Thats why I fucking like it. and anyway, all metal has cheese in it.

I've heard a few power metal bands. First thing that comes to mind with just about all of the power metal bands I have listened to is "iron maiden rip off". Despite that they are pretty good. Listening to a power metal band right now called Galloglass.

Blue_Jay said:
I've heard a few power metal bands. First thing that comes to mind with just about all of the power metal bands I have listened to is "iron maiden rip off". Despite that they are pretty good.

I hate it when people say that. Just because one famous band used it doesn't mean that every band with remotely similar vocals completely ripped off Iron Maiden. That style of singing is actually a common male singing voice. If I wanted to, I could say every black metal band I listen to is a "Mayhem ripoff".