power metal?

ender7227 said:
I hate how the lyrics fucking suck. The songs are really shallow and the lyrics don't mean shit. But the sound is new and refreshing and that makes up for the shitty lyrics. Well, almost. The singers could sound less gay too. But all in all it's a good genre.

The singers are one of the main reasons I love power metal. The operatic sound complements the epic compositions well and adds to majesty of it all. It's like an embodiment of a literary epic. <---which is the aim of a lot of power metal bands

Motor Boatin SOB said:
Power metal is for fags Itsbarely even metal

Its just guys wearing spandex who want to sound like Celine Dion or something

That's the worst analyzation of power metal I've ever heard. First of all, power metal is closer to the original incarnations of metal because it incorporates melody and progression, and second, I know of no power metal band that wears spandex. Maybe costumes to fit with the conceptual lyrical focus, but no spandex. At least they can actually put on a decent live show. Just because you've heard probably two power metal bands (or maybe even none at all, just trying to fit with the trend) doesn't mean you've heard them all.

Motor Boatin SOB said:
Any band with a girl singer should be shot

Yeah! 'Cause girlz are teh baaaaadddd! Don't worry, I'm some day we'll rid the universe of females and you'll get to live in your perfect world, only men for everything!

:p

To the trolls: what makes metal metal? Explain this to us, and we'll see if power doesn't fit in. We'll also see if you have any idea what metal actually is. Don't just give examples of bands, use words to explain what metal is.

MILFhunter General said:
I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't said I don't think power metal is metal. In fact I said earlier that Manilla Road are mighty, and they are not very heavy – and they developed an epic style which most certainly, at times, could be called 'pre-power metal'. I am merely against trendy posers who think because they jumped on the Dragonforce bandwagon and then ventured to buy a Blind Guardian CD they know about power metal.

So, you're saying you're a troll? :p

What about things like:

Motor Boatin SOB said:
when I first heard Iron Maiden I thought I was listening to the gay pride national anthem.

and power metal is just pop music thats really fast. Not metal at all. metal is mutilation, not manowar

That quote defininitely isn't saying power isn't metal :nod:.

Power metal, teh shit i listen to at least, is more fantasy metal imo... Rhapsody, dragonforce, Gamma Ray, Helloween. The lyrics are good if you arent white trash or have read more than a KFC menu, they are imaginative and swordyish/magicyish. I am a super fan of LOTR and shiet liek thaiet, plus, with bands liek Rhapsody, their connection with neo classical styles is also cool.

Basically, if you arent white trash and have some respek fer teh good muzaks, liek bach and Wagner, you will float towards power metal more easily. If you have a poooorrr se;lf image and your lust for the evil outweighs your connection with nice things, you wont liekkssz teh powrmetalzzz as much as us smartor poeple!@@#

MetalBooger said:
Power metal, teh shit i listen to at least, is more fantasy metal imo... Rhapsody, dragonforce, Gamma Ray, Helloween. The lyrics are good if you arent white trash or have read more than a KFC menu, they are imaginative and swordyish/magicyish. I am a super fan of LOTR and shiet liek thaiet, plus, with bands liek Rhapsody, their connection with neo classical styles is also cool.

Basically, if you arent white trash and have some respek fer teh good muzaks, liek bach and Wagner, you will float towards power metal more easily. If you have a poooorrr se;lf image and your lust for the evil outweighs your connection with nice things, you wont liekkssz teh powrmetalzzz as much as us smartor poeple!@@#

Not exactly the way I would have said it, but I agree.

Power metal is ok. I know that there are many great bands in the genre. However, I really have to be in the right mood to listen to power metal. It's generally too "happy" sounding for me, especially bands like Dragonforce. When I listen to power metal, it's usually old Helloween, Blind Guardian, or Grave Digger.

Life Sucks said:
It's generally too "happy" sounding for me, especially bands like Dragonforce. When I listen to power metal, it's usually old Helloween, Blind Guardian, or Grave Digger.

The happiness is what sets it apart. I, for one, don't really get much out of albums that are full of self-loathing, emotionally deep, etc. While I appreciate it, I prefer albums that are inspiring and epic more so than ones that make me feel sad/angry.