Sneap forum Dio tribute album thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be up for throwing down some vocals or guitar DI. My old band did Children of the Sea and Rainbow in the Dark. I tend to sound better on lower pitched stuff, though.

I'm thinking of giving each song an indepent approach, could even work by when all lineups are ready we make a thread for each song as some sort of closed chat between (only) the members of each song/team to discuss aspects, trade links of recorded parts, backing tracks, scratch tracks etc. I don't think irc or some type of chat would work cause it would be impossible to get all online at the same time due to different time zones and schedules, so a thread would be better IMO

what say you?

I'd be up for throwing down some vocals or guitar DI. My old band did Children of the Sea and Rainbow in the Dark. I tend to sound better on lower pitched stuff, though.

so what do I put you down for then? We might as well probably detune a few if not most of the songs one or two steps down, but that will be decided by each team, so you might get a chance to sing a couple steps lower.

I'm thinking of giving each song an indepent approach, could even work by when all lineups are ready we make a thread for each song as some sort of closed chat between (only) the members of each song/team to discuss aspects, trade links of recorded parts, backing tracks, scratch tracks etc. I don't think irc or some type of chat would work cause it would be impossible to get all online at the same time due to different time zones and schedules, so a thread would be better IMO

what say you?

thats a damn good idea hermano :headbang:

@Travis - Do you have any clips or anything of you singing? Might help to decide if you'd be better put to use on one or the other

I want to do guitars on "After All (The Dead)", "Die Young", "Turn Up The Night", "Strange Highways"....and if nobody else opts to, I also want to do "Voodoo", "Last In Line", "King Of Rock And Roll" and "Neon Knights" if anyone else is down.

I also want to do "Sacred Heart". I'm willing to do bass on any of these also if nobody else will.

I'm in for the bass in Stand up and shout

Added.

I must add I hope everybody who lists himself up out of sheer excitement must be sincere with themselves and be sure they will be able to do his tracks when the time comes, without making too much delays in relation to the other members (this does not mean we must do this in a hurry, to the contrary, but if everybody else is already done or near done try not to delay the whole thing too much) and with enough tightness as possible (every player should do his own editing if needed/desired) and decent source sound (most likely who doesn't have a good enough amp or recording set up will just track DIs and someone else would reamp or would use ampsims, all choice of each team independent of the other songs) so if you're just DIing, try to make a good clean track suitable enough to be reamped (read the reamp tutorial biatch!)

I want to do guitars on "After All (The Dead)", "Die Young", "Turn Up The Night", "Strange Highways"....and if nobody else opts to, I also want to do "Voodoo", "Last In Line", "King Of Rock And Roll" and "Neon Knights" if anyone else is down.

I also want to do "Sacred Heart". I'm willing to do bass on any of these also if nobody else will.

well if more step up to do something in any of those songs you mentioned, they will be added to the list

Id love to record bass for "Dream evil" (and maybe, JUST MAYBE, ill be able to record Rhythm guitars too)

I may be stuck using amp sims cause if I try to record with a DI I hear both at the same time and it drives me fuckin nuts. I have no access to tracking with my amps at the moment which is a shame but not much I can do about it. Unless someone can tell me how to work my setup (Mbox) so I can monitor with a cool enough sound but only get the DIs in case whoever is mixing the tune wants to reamp

I'll start learning the song by friday but it seems "Team Children" still needs drums of one kind or another

I may be stuck using amp sims cause if I try to record with a DI I hear both at the same time and it drives me fuckin nuts. I have no access to tracking with my amps at the moment which is a shame but not much I can do about it. Unless someone can tell me how to work my setup (Mbox) so I can monitor with a cool enough sound but only get the DIs in case whoever is mixing the tune wants to reamp

I'll start learning the song by friday but it seems "Team Children" still needs drums of one kind or another

at least it's the most complete team for now haha yeah personally I won't record anything until I have at least a final drum track, and if I have guitars done first even better, that way I can get the basslines right in the mood with the drums and guitars.

I think you can easily record DI while monitoring with an amp sim, if you hear both you've probably got something wrong in your DAW? you should be using monitoring while recording at full blend, no dry track in your ears

I'll start messing with it Friday to see if I can get it to work ... ideally I would like to have DIs available even if I manage a really good amp sim sound.

Yeah, drums would be best, programmed is fine if need be. As long as they're tastefully more intense in spots cause I'll probably want to add some additional chugs here and there so having those emphasized by the drums would be nice. Maybe if I'm ready to track some gats before we have a finalized drummer I'll just do something quick with EZDrummer grooves, just to get a good feel going. Would also make it easier if we have drums programmed by someone really good cause then they could just make changes directly to the midi patterns to fit any extra guitar & bass stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.