Someone else agrees Spiderman was overrated.....

I dont care much for the superhero movies, I only liked the Punisher movies and X-men Wolverine, but 7 Spider Man movies? Might as well do another fuckin Leprechaun or Jason movie..

i've heard it might be 9 spiderman movies
and there's also talk of somehow putting spiderman in an avenger's movie just as soon as sony's contract lapses

...and they just remade Friday the 13th just a couple years ago. Not a bad redo either IMO.

I thought it was terrible. Opinions, eh?

Wasn't it Platinum Dunes who remade it? They also ruined A Nightmare on Elm Street and Texas Chainsaw Massacre if i'm not mistaken.

Speaking of remakes, a while back there were news circulating that Will Smith and Steven Speilberg had aquired the rights to Oldboy with the intention of doing a remake. I hope that never happens.
I was watching the remake of A Tale of Two Sisters the other day. The original is absoutely stunning, but the remake (called "The Uninvited") was just terrible.

I thought it was terrible. Opinions, eh?

Wasn't it Platinum Dunes who remade it? They also ruined A Nightmare on Elm Street and Texas Chainsaw Massacre if i'm not mistaken.

Speaking of remakes, a while back there were news circulating that Will Smith and Steven Speilberg had aquired the rights to Oldboy with the intention of doing a remake. I hope that never happens.
I was watching the remake of A Tale of Two Sisters the other day. The original is absoutely stunning, but the remake (called "The Uninvited") was just terrible.

Friday 2009 was alright, my top Friday the 13ths are part 3 & 5, Freddy vs Jason was ok could have been better.

did anyone other than me actually watch the trailers for this new spiderman movie
the trailers look good

That movie fucking sucked. Everything from the acting to Freddy's melted frog face completely ruined everything for me. As a big time slasher fan, I was horrified watching this in the theater seeing them destroy Freddy and the Elm street name. Without Robert Englund there is no Freddy!

But my fav Elm street films will always be 1-3, before they got too goofy and Freddy became a parody of himself.

As for Texas Chainsaw I dont care what they do anymore or how bad the remakes were considering the last film that was worth a shit at all was TCM 2.

:Shedevil: :Shedevil:

That movie fucking sucked. Everything from the acting to Freddy's melted frog face completely ruined everything for me. As a big time slasher fan, I was horrified watching this in the theater seeing them destroy Freddy and the Elm street name. Without Robert Englund there is no Freddy!

But my fav Elm street films will always be 1-3, before they got too goofy and Freddy became a parody of himself.

As for Texas Chainsaw I dont care what they do anymore or how bad the remakes were considering the last film that was worth a shit at all was TCM 2.

Yeah, the Nightmare remake was a proper turd. I like horror movies (and the occasional slasher movie) too. The genre contains some of the best and worst movies out there.
Recently I've started wathing a lot of french horror movies. Films like High Tension/Switchblade Romance, Martyrs, Inside and (to a certain extent) La Horde are really pushing the genre forwards.

Now I hear that the Twilight producers are remaking Martyrs, which I find odd and rather worrying. I can't imagine anything good coming from that. The original is just absurdly intense, dark and disturbing and I don't think that a remake made by Weinstein and the Twilight folks can do the original any justice at all.

Aye. Looks ok, but visually it doesn't really seem that different from the Raimi movies.
they did to me, at least looking slightly better than the raimi movies so far

i didn't even see the Freddy movie that didn't have Englund in it because of all my friends warning me about how bad it was
honestly for me personnally i'm gonna say the re-make of TCM was slightly better than the original

Yeah, the Nightmare remake was a proper turd. I like horror movies (and the occasional slasher movie) too. The genre contains some of the best and worst movies out there.
Recently I've started wathing a lot of french horror movies. Films like High Tension/Switchblade Romance, Martyrs, Inside and (to a certain extent) La Horde are really pushing the genre forwards.

Now I hear that the Twilight producers are remaking Martyrs, which I find odd and rather worrying. I can't imagine anything good coming from that. The original is just absurdly intense, dark and disturbing and I don't think that a remake made by Weinstein and the Twilight folks can do the original any justice at all.

i don't usually watch movies that aren't american made at all, so i know nothing about the French movies you mentioned

but the idea of the Twilight producers producing anything else seems like it's going to come out crappy

i don't usually watch movies that aren't american made at all, so i know nothing about the French movies you mentioned

but the idea of the Twilight producers producing anything else seems like it's going to come out crappy

Oh, man. "Martyrs" come highly recommended then. It's one of those movies that just stick with you for a while after seeing it.

The Brits have made some good ones in recent years too, with "the Descent" and "Eden Lake" being particularly brilliant.

And, of course, South Korean horrors are absolutely terrific. They seem to have gone past the "scary girl with long black hair" now, and are focusing on other stuff. "The Host", for instance, is a monster movie with a twist in that it features a big ugly monster in the Han river, a dysfunctional family with some rather odd characters, some slapstick humor and a good old poke at how the government and media handled the SARS virus back in the day.

There are tons of absolutely brilliant american horrors, of course, but I think that directors from other countries are pushing the genre forwards at the moment.

I'm quite looking forward to "The Cabin in the Woods", though. I don't know that much about it since everyone's a bit hush-hush about it, but it's getting quite a lot of praise from the reviewers, and they all seem to pretty much agree that it's a great film.

sony's original contract (when the started filming the 1st spiderman movie) was for a 6-picture deal

Yes, but they have to have one at least in production it not to time lapse.

If they don't make another movie in x amount of years, Marvel gets the rights back.

Yes, but they have to have one at least in production it not to time lapse.

If they don't make another movie in x amount of years, Marvel gets the rights back.

but why would they let the rights lapse? why would they do that?

I don't blame Marvel at all. It's the modern movie industry that sucks. Most of today's films are just like those 80's one hit wonder pop bands. It's all about looking bright and colorful instead of good story telling and characters with some depth.