Soo...a genre question

Carcassian said:
Fuck me, you make a couple of (humour intended) comments (complete with smilies), and end up in a fucking bitch fest. What is it with you people taking everything so seriously ? Sheesh...

It's my special time of the month right now. :)

ha ha ha you have to waste money on tampons. You know how many cds you could have bought in your life.

blakscorpion21 said:
i like disturbed, their new cd is good. they used to be my favorite band but now they are just a band i like. i would not classify them as metal though. they are def. hard rock, among the likes of shinedown, godsmack, and chevelle.
Kill yourself please. Bleeding Through is the hedwig the angry inch
of metal if you really want to call them that and your musical tastes
are shit.

The Greys said:
Nevermore must be desperate for cash opening for a nu-metal band that formed way later. Warrel Dane has been in metal since the 80's starting with Sanctuary. How could him or the band stomach opening for disturbed.

Steve Symths song writing. Did he write one song on the new nevermore & a few solos..... WOW

It's sad a bigger band like Nevermore would not take out a great metal band that could use some recognition. I know if my band was signed to century media for 10 years I would not tour or open for disturbed. I would be like fuck you guys you suck. I'd tell the Disturbed guitarist to get some lessons...

What? The band got/is getting a major push after resigning with CM and putting out their last record. Opening for Disturbed is a way for them to get more exposure. I think it will be cool to see them blow Disturbed off the stage every night and I'm confident they arent about to release a pile of shit like In Flames did after touring with Slipknot.

And Steve wrote 3 songs because the majority of it was already written to begin with. He has written songs for other bands like Testament and Dragonlord, and look for him to be even more involved with the next album.

And, I highly doubt that Nevermore got to "choose" Dirturbed to bring on the road with them. They were most likely offered the spot and grabbed it because they'll be playing for larger crowds.

I can't tell by your post if you're a Nevermore fan, but if you are I wouldnt worry about the band touring with shitty Disturbed or releasing a bland album next time.

Dodens Grav said:
No, because genres were not distinct in the 80's they would have just most likely been called Heavy Metal. I'm not familiar with either of the albums you mentioned, but I believe both of them no longer play Metal, so I don't know if your examples would even be considered Metal.

could you define metal?
i can
webster sez: energetic and highly amplified electronic rock music having a hard beat
http://www.webster.com/dictionary/heavy+metal
i believe disturbed are metal
that being said, good is another arguement altogether
however, they are great in my opinion:headbang:
use your terms correctly please?

In response to your signature: extremely.

You're a fucking idiot, and do not know what you're talking about. Metal is not Rock, they're separate.

KMADD said:
Kill yourself please. Bleeding Through is the hedwig the angry inch
of metal if you really want to call them that and your musical tastes
are shit.

you have no fucking right to tell anyone thier tastes are shit
music is subjective
YOUR A MOE-RON
(obviuosly something about you really pisses me off -- i have called you a moe-ron 3 times in 20 mins -- but that's cool -- i disagree with what you are saying but i wont tell you not to say it -- just prepare to be called a moe-ron)

Dodens Grav said:
In response to your signature: extremely.

You're a fucking idiot, and so not know what you're talking about. Metal is not Rock, they're separate.

in response to your response to my sig -- thanks
at least it isnt a huge pic anymore

"and so not know?" where did you learn grammer?
but that is irrelevant
i am saying disturbed are metal by my definition and by websters
please define metal so i have some basis for the general opinion of this forum because obviously you guys and i are on a different wavelength

where did you learn grammer?
let's list the grammar & spelling errors you made in your two posts above! it'll be fun!

thier = their
YOUR = YOU'RE
MOE-RON = MORON
obviuosly = obviously
moe-ron = moron
wont = won't
moe-ron = moron
isnt = isn't
grammer = grammar
websters = webster's
a different wavelength = different wavelengths

Erik said:
let's list the grammar & spelling errors you made in your two posts above! it'll be fun!

thier = their
YOUR = YOU'RE
MOE-RON = MORON
obviuosly = obviously
moe-ron = moron
wont = won't
moe-ron = moron
isnt = isn't
grammer = grammar
websters = webster's
a different wavelength = different wavelengths

That reminds me of one of my favorite scenes in Tombstone - "I know, let's have a spelling contest!"

ender7227 said:
in response to your response to my sig -- thanks
at least it isnt a huge pic anymore

"and so not know?" where did you learn grammer?
but that is irrelevant
i am saying disturbed are metal by my definition and by websters
please define metal so i have some basis for the general opinion of this forum because obviously you guys and i are on a different wavelength

Sorry for hitting the 's' key by accident which is coincidentally right next to the 'd' key. Also, Webster's Dictionary doesn't know shit about Heavy Metal. That's like asking a Holocaust survivor to analyze Hitler's paintings.

The Greys said:
Nevermore must be desperate for cash opening for a nu-metal band that formed way later. Warrel Dane has been in metal since the 80's starting with Sanctuary. How could him or the band stomach opening for disturbed.

Steve Symths song writing. Did he write one song on the new nevermore & a few solos..... WOW

It's sad a bigger band like Nevermore would not take out a great metal band that could use some recognition. I know if my band was signed to century media for 10 years I would not tour or open for disturbed. I would be like fuck you guys you suck. I'd tell the Disturbed guitarist to get some lessons...

No, what's sad is a great band like Nevermore, who have been doing this for forever now, still have hardly any $$ to show for it. Up until this latest album they were all still working day jobs because they needed to, heck they may even still be. They're opening for Disturbed because they're smart. They'll gain a ton of new exposure from it where they would not have otherwise to that particular crowd (for the most part). Disturbed here in the States pulls in anywhere from 4-9,000 people if I am not mistaken. Not sure on Europe but I assume it will be close to the same. How many do Nevermore pull in when playing the circuit, 500-1,000 maybe? (not bagging on them, just stating the difference)