Steve Wilson and Opeth

LordHypnos said:
on another note, i guess abcdefg was the only one who knew who i was...i figured more people would have caught on eventually...but maybe not. :confused:
Should have, but didnt. As soon as I made the connection it made perfect sense. I feel like an idiot for not figuring it out earlier.

Heh, to be perfectly honest I always liked your Hypnos character better than LOGAP.

ShroudOfDusk said:
Should have, but didnt. As soon as I made the connection it made perfect sense. I feel like an idiot for not figuring it out earlier.

Heh, to be perfectly honest I always liked your Hypnos character better than LOGAP.
I too prefer my earlier work.

Much more raw and original....the new material was too forced and commercial sounding. :D

him and I are friends, I knew all along...
Man this forum totally sucks now, bring back the off topics and the trolls please.
Ultimate metal drama -l-

oh yeah...Orchid will always be the best Opeth album.

LordHypnos said:
Well, i can have a conversation with you, no problem.

on another note, i guess abcdefg was the only one who knew who i was...i figured more people would have caught on eventually...but maybe not. :confused:

nah, i posted in another thread annoyed at what i thought happened.
i thought this was a new user who copied niel's idea of stealing moonlapse's avatar. so i thought this kid just stole LoGaP's (you apparently) avatar.
o well.

I think Steven Wilson is good. Personaly I think his participation in Opeth's music had made the music much better. I seem to be the only one on this board that thinks Deliverance and Damnation are there best album's to date. I like the old ones as well as there production, they all rule but for me the new ones are better. I'm a big fan of Opeth, they are perhaps my favorite band and I can't wait for the new album to come out. As for Steven Wilson I have In absentia, Yellow hedgerow dreamscape and Live warzawa and i'm going to buy the rest of his records as well including his side projects. He is a very good musician and producer so for me I see no problem in Steven's participation with Opeth.

ok I had a long and really cool post, unfortunately I wasn't logged in so it got erased. Yay...
Anyway, Steven Wilson is good for opeth even though I find Still Life to be their best album (best clean songs are on bwp and damnation), And he should remain their producer (keep adding those atmospheric keyboards! =P ) bla bla.

Deliverance lacks the beauty that MAYH and SL have. It has that plain metal sound the whole way through, where MAYH and SL have so much atmosphere which add to the story of the lyrics. I like the production on those two much better than what SW is doing, he does a lovely job on his albums but that production does not fit the music and story that opeth writes and takes away the atmosphere a bit. Also IMO i would not care if SW died a horrible death in a car accident. :p