THE band recommendations thread. THE.

WestHammer said:
@supermoi: what have you heard of the new member of the quo vadis???
u seen em live with him yet? and when is a new album comin out?

They plan on releasing a new album during the fall. I don't know much about the new singer except that his name is Stéphane Paré and that he is supposely very good.
And unfortunately I've never seen them live yet.

Dark Funeral
Amon Amarth
Construcdead
Darkane
Dimension Zero
In Thy Dreams
Kalmah
Nonexist
Old Man's Child
The Crown
Witchery
October Tide
Twilight Symphony

Jerkface said:
Omnium Gatherum are a good band, but too bad their vocalist absolutely blows. Not only can the guy not sing, but he can't even handle the harsh vocals well. Everything sounds short-of-breath and amateurish. If they got rid of him and found someone who can actually perform well, they'd be a decent band. It's the same case with that band Divine Souls. They're a terrific In Flames rip-off band, but their vocalist is awful.

The new Metallica album "rocks"?? Hahaha! Are you kidding? You'd have to be kidding to say something so retarded.

I think that the vocals fit the album very nicely. And yes, I was joking about the Metallica album. It's shit. Another thing, to the guy who loves Arcturus' "The Sham Mirrors"... it's not bad. I bought it two weeks ago because it got so much praise. I haven't listened to it much, so we'll see...

DoReMi said:
I think that the vocals fit the album very nicely. And yes, I was joking about the Metallica album. It's shit. Another thing, to the guy who loves Arcturus' "The Sham Mirrors"... it's not bad. I bought it two weeks ago because it got so much praise. I haven't listened to it much, so we'll see...

Me? Don't know , anyway i'm listening to Ephel Duath and it's very hard to get into

I like the new 'Ephel Duath' album, I've been listening to it alot...
I recommend a new French band called 'The old dead tree', they are a bit like 'Evergrey' (if you don't know them, I highly recommend them too).

Motorpsycho (from Norway, not the US one) plays everyhting from country to heavy metal (mainly hard rock though, but with pop tunes and psychedelia included)
In my head they're the best band in the world, especially live!

Misanthrope-1666...Theater Bizarre....or anything by them, actually. They're hard to describe, they incorporate a lot of metal subgenres into their music, and mix it up with kind of folk-ish french music. They're french.

You probably already knew about Misanthrope though...still, they're fucking awesome, in my opnion.

Also, Gordian Knot. Jazz/fusion, cynic like.

and........

Machetazo-Carne de Cementerio (album)

Haha, this is just my cheesy grindcore side coming to surface.......actually i like this album, it's got everything...even the cheesy horror movie soundclips. It's Spaniard Grindcore....in spanish of course. Not for everyone though.

Dark Life Dying said:
I recommend a new French band called 'The old dead tree', they are a bit like 'Evergrey' (if you don't know them, I highly recommend them too).

Like Evergrey?!
I am french and no one ever compared them to Evergrey lol :Spin:
Check out this band , it's very promising

Dark Life Dying said:

The Old Dead Tree's "The Nameless Disease" is a masterpiece !
It's a concept album dealing with the suicide of their former drummer...
Here's their website : http://www.theolddeadtree.com/
You'll find many interesting things to download. :cool:

Reactions: nevershine
Insomnium

Dark melodic death, great stuff. They have one album, In The Halls Of Awaiting. If you can find it, get Shades Of Deep Green by them. If not, Medeia

The Black Dahlia Murder

New death band, awesome solos. http://www.metalblade.de/mp3/bdm-funeralthirst.mp3

Theory In Practice

Progressive death metal. http://hem.passagen.se/theory/

Some other good bands you may or may not like depending on how far your tastes stray from metal - The Mars Volta, Modest Mouse, Tomahawk, and The Plot To Blow Up The Eiffel Tower.

Aborym
Aeternus
Akercocke
Arcane Sun (I guarantee you'll like this band)
Asphyx
Behemoth
Botch
Brutal Truth
Cephalic Carnage
The Chasm
Coalesce
Converge
Cult of Luna
Dargaard
Deadguy
Drowningman