The best metal album of all time!

There's so many metal albums. I guess if I had to pick albums that I feel are in essense real metal that are the best. I guess look at the genre from a more traditional way.

Celtic+Frost+-+To+Mega+Therion+(Remastered)+-+Front.jpg

Mercyful+Fate+-+In+the+Shadows+(Front).jpg

6138WQXMK9L__SS500_.jpg

random favorites.
tiamat-wildhoney-cover-art-8725.jpeg

2323.jpg

1216558561_a1992ep.jpg

32109507.jpg

Sentenced_-_north_from_here.jpg

I could go on.

TSOP always gets hate, especially on these forums. I enjoy the album quite a bit but I don't think it's Death's best album, let alone the best metal album.

The handful of good riffs are squandered by a plethora of generic same-sounding ones. One of the most sleep-inducing thrash albums in existence.

nah. i think its sick. true there is definitely some "sameyness" to a few of the tracks but pretty badass otherwise.
i don't care what you guys say... it rocks. same with leave scars.

Good old Sentenced. This album is fucking awesome. Definitely one of my all-time favorites.

Sentenced like Amorphis,Katatonia,Paradise Lost,Tiamat sometimes am really into the old stuff and then sometimes into the new stuff. Down is just as classic as say North From Here. I guess it's a mood thing.

I never got into Dark Angel. I always thought they sounded like a sloppy mess with totally forgettable songs.

Read Between the Lies is one of my favorite Slayer songs, the cover of Dissident Aggressor is fucking awesome, and Reborn and Epidemic are solid thrash songs that fit perfectly within the context of RiB.

Reborn slays but imo Jesus Saves and Epidemic are significantly weaker than the other songs on the album. Not bad songs, but they stick out and it's unfortunate. Only flaw with the album, really.

Oh yeah, forgot about Jesus Saves. That chorus is horrendous, it's like Araya gave it one take, cracked up laughing at how much he mangled it, and then decided "Good enough".

nah. i think its sick. true there is definitely some "sameyness" to a few of the tracks but pretty badass otherwise.
i don't care what you guys say... it rocks. same with leave scars.

I agree,TDNH is damn awesome.Has quite a psychotic atmosphere to it,that was one of my absolute favourites back in the day.

Oh yeah, forgot about Jesus Saves. That chorus is horrendous, it's like Araya gave it one take, cracked up laughing at how much he mangled it, and then decided "Good enough".

Jesus Saves is classic Slayer and the chorus is catchy btw, its easily one of the best songs on the album.

but when you think about it someone could argue that the whole album is filler for Angel of Death and Raining Blood.

Sentenced like Amorphis,Katatonia,Paradise Lost,Tiamat sometimes am really into the old stuff and then sometimes into the new stuff. Down is just as classic as say North From Here. I guess it's a mood thing.
Actually I think Down to be the most underrated Sentenced album, although there was already ville in vocals, I consider it from the old-sentenced era since ville didn't take part in the composition process. It's a fucking great album.
I used to enjoy newer sentenced a lot in the past. I still enjoy it every once in a while, but don't really listen to it a lot lately.